Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Not sure what to do.

cameron m
@cameron-m
14 years ago
5 posts
right on people. i like this forum, it's very friendly. i'm gonna get some soap and wash it tomorrow, and i guess just leave it how it is and see how it goes (i took the rubberbands out)thanks again everyone. if anyone has any more advice i'm always open to suggestion.
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
natural is a great way to go bro, but if you don't wanna wait so long you can choose the backcomb or twist & rip method. i use dr. bronner's bar soap too so maybe you can find that and wash your hair. btw, if you choose to backcomb i found that if you wash too early after they're freshly done, they'll unravel. just some advice but good luck again man.
cameron m
@cameron-m
14 years ago
5 posts
i read this 10 minutes after i washed my hair and now theyre all loose and shitty looking haha. oh well, trial and error i suppose. i'm just gonna cut em all off and start over using the natural method. Ivan said:
natural is a great way to go bro, but if you don't wanna wait so long you can choose the backcomb or twist & rip method. i use dr. bronner's bar soap too so maybe you can find that and wash your hair. btw, if you choose to backcomb i found that if you wash too early after they're freshly done, they'll unravel. just some advice but good luck again man.
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
i don't think you should just cut it all off. as long as your hair's clean now you can go natural. just wash maybe 2-3 times a week using dr. bronner's or any other non-residue shampoo and you'll be all set. the hair will start dreading on it's own but you're definitely gonna need some patience because natural is the method that takes the longest. cameron m said:
i read this 10 minutes after i washed my hair and now theyre all loose and shitty looking haha. oh well, trial and error i suppose. i'm just gonna cut em all off and start over using the natural method.

Ivan said:
Jammin' Jay
@jammin-jay
14 years ago
30 posts
totally totally agree. my hair gets all fuzzy and loose after I wash, but it is so true that all of the dreading only happens naturally anyways. I twist and ripped, and most of it has come undone in the front where my hair is really soft, and the only thing that's been helping to dreading it up is time and my dread tam. heidi may said:
yeah, you don't have to start ALL over. i used the backcombing method to start my dreads (which now i wish i had gone natural...but that's a different story), and the first few times i washed it seemed like all my hard work was wasted because my dreads were unraveling.

that's the funny thing about having your dreads "done" for you...it seems like they all unravel and come loose before any actual dreading happens. but the great part is: once they are almost all unraveled, it seems like they dread up faster. has anyone else experienced that?

my advice would be just to keep your hair in the sections it's in already and let them be. they'll start knotting up in no time.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form