Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Essential oils for young dreads?

Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
2 weeks ago
26 posts

I know I just made a post but this question seemed to warrant its own thread.

I'm wondering if I can safely use small amounts of essential oils in my six month old dreads. I would like to start using lavender oil in my hair because I love the fragrance. I use it as a natural deodorant already so I just want my hair to also smell like that.

Question is, would this cause any conditioning? I'm using Vicki's liquid dread shampoo and l love it (will be writing a review on their site soon, which I will share on this forum). It's been doing wonders for speeding up my locking process and I don't want to hinder that.

Also what is a good way to apply essential oils to dreads?

Lastly, if there are any people who use oils, what oils are good for dreads? I mostly want the extra fragrance but if there are oils I can use for helping to lock the hair or soothe my scalp, I might try them too. Any input would be appreciated!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 weeks ago
28,958 posts

for scalp rosemary just put a few very few drops in alotta water pour through wait a min or 2 then 1/2 rinse

not conditioning but very strong and medicinal so use very small ammounts

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
one week ago
26 posts

I'll have to pick up some rosemary oil whenever I have money again. I mostly want oils for fragrance, and I loooove rosemary. Lavender too and I have that on hand so after I've done enough research to feel comfortable using this brand of oil in my hair, I think I'm going to try it. Mainly just want to make sure I won't be making my hair all oily, so thanks for the info!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
one week ago
28,958 posts

look in featured discussions for "buying essential oils guide' not everything that says its an essential oil really is, essntial oils almost always vcome in a specific type of bottle since sunlight degrades them, and thy would break down rubber droppers

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form