dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread wax sellers boycott

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

boycott all companies that sell dread wax

dread wax is well known to be a scam and a destroyer of dreads however many companies continue to push it and other stores sell it unaware of how bad it is

so we are calling for a total boycott of all companies that make dread wax

and a letter/email writing campaign to all stores (online or brick and mortar) that sell dread wax

below are a few companies that should be boycotted and a list of stores that should be contacted and told about the harm dread wax does

please in your comments list any others you think need to be added to the lists

companies that make dread wax and should be boycotted (dont buy a thing they sell not a bead, or shamopoo, nothing untill they stop selling wax)

dreadheadhq

knottyboy

jamaican mango and lime

dread empire

willies dread wax (new zealand)

any others you can think of?

shops that sell wax and should be written to about the dangers of wax

amazon.com

sally's beauty supplies

i know theres many more can you add a few

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Alexis Hoyt
@alexis-hoyt
9 years ago
7 posts
There's a lot of sellers on etsy that make their own and market it.Some news about dreadheadhq though, an acquaintance of mine, knowing I was against the use of wax, told me I could "fix" my dreadlocks with a new waxless kit dhhq offers, I told Hershey don't need fixed but thanked her for thinking about me. As misinformed as it was, still a nice gesture. But anyways, at least it's a start that they're offering waxfree options. I looked it up and it still comes with a crochet hook and a latch hook so it's a very small step, but a step in the right direction regardless.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

thats cause of us actualy the whole beta sitte with the waxless kit and the natural shampoo was our doing but they still try to mnake u feel likke a fool if u rather buy the waxless then wax kits

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

the boycotts not going to target home made but educate them alert them that there is aboycotton wax pushers and they should stop selling it

--
Alexis Hoyt
@alexis-hoyt
9 years ago
7 posts
Oh, awesome. At least it's making SOME difference. With time they'll possibly learn. Since they're just about cash, maybe they could market herbal rinses or something actually good for dreads to make up for lost sales if/when they stop pushing wax. I'm sure that's the only reason they haven't, they rely on the sales, but if we can suggest alternative products it could be convincing. Sure, they'll probably over price it, but it won't be destroying dreadlocks. Same for the home made ones.
Alexis Hoyt
@alexis-hoyt
9 years ago
7 posts
Or even suggest alternative uses for dread wax. I got some for Christmas last year and Ive found lots of uses for the stuff. It weatherproofs well, I use it on hard to zip zippers, to make thread stiffer to thread through a needle when sewing, and the list goes on.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

u can use it to start fires and plug holes in leaky buckets

--
Alexis Hoyt
@alexis-hoyt
9 years ago
7 posts
Great idea! =] even though I'd never use it for its purpose, I'm not a wasteful person. I like finding new ways to use things I normally wouldn't if I have them anyway. People have told me just to give it to someone else that does use it for their dreads and I just can't support that.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

no thats a bad idea everyone that uses needs to be told not to the best use of it is to make a dreadheadhq sucks candle with 1 continuous wide wick for each letter light it up and make a youtube vid

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form