Youtube Video (BS/Vinegar Wash soak) caused bad reaction Please Help

Brown Skin Queen
@brown-skin-queen
11 years ago
15 posts

Thank you

Naked Naturalist said:

try using this shampoo.... http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/
it works wonders. makes your dreads smelll lovely, and its vegan. everyone here thats tried it (most of everyone has tried it and/or using it still), loves it! i use it and im in love with it. there is also a WAX B GONE. use that!

updated by @brown-skin-queen: 07/26/15 08:32:54PM
Brown Skin Queen
@brown-skin-queen
11 years ago
15 posts

THe pic doesn't show it and my camera can't get it :(.. On my last post.. Thank you everyone for your responses..CALL TUCKER can you please give me more info on the Dawn wash in case I can't get the WAX be gone til later..Thank you I apprecite it

Call Tucker said:

the baking soda should not be bleaching his hair at all. it should not have stayed in his hair. did you rinse the hair thoroughly with water after the cleanse? If the hair was not rinsed, that could be the reason there are white patches, literally being the baking soda still in his hair.

Also, I have heard a few people have issues with white gunk in their hair. It was always caused either by wax, or by some shampoo with residues in it, however. To get the wax out, many people use dawn dish soap. I know it sounds bad, but it will not harm your hair, and is one of the ONLY things that can actually get the job done. It will require using about a full bottle of dawn, mixed with hot water,and scrubbing on individual dreads. If you search the site, you would be sure to find very specific instructions. If you are serious about doing this and have any questions with that, I can get you better instructions.

Also, the shampoo is sometimes the culprit for 'white gunk'. Make absolutely certain his shampoo is a residue free, 'dread-friendly' shampoo. If not, it will leave many different moisturizers/conditioners that will remain stuck in the dread, and build up over time.

A picture might help other members identify the issue more clearly as well. These are the best theories I can come up with for the time being. I personally do a BS rinse and a ACV rinse, and it works wonderfully for cleaning my hair. Good Luck.. Keep us posted

Call Tucker
@call-tucker
11 years ago
27 posts

Here is a link to a more detailed explanation. Baba Fats response will describe what to do.

www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/wax-removal-7

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form