Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Youtube Video (BS/Vinegar Wash soak) caused bad reaction Please Help

Brown Skin Queen
@brown-skin-queen
11 years ago
15 posts

Thank you kindly... The baking soda looks like its bleaching the color of his hair also :(. Iguess it could hurt to try again and do it the proper way :)..

Ojas Acharya said:

well i guess i have seen the youtube video too.. mixing BS n ACV TOGETHER IS JUST NOT THE RIGHT THING..

creates too much heat and fizz and the BS n ACV even neutralize each other.. the best way to do the BS/ACV wash is to use it 1 after the other.. just go through the dread maintenance pages and BS DEEP CLEANSE METHOD for getting info about the proper ways and ratios of both ..

more over be sure if u have soft water.. becos hard water wont remove all the BS/ACV from the hair..

updated by @brown-skin-queen: 07/23/15 03:48:17PM
Brown Skin Queen
@brown-skin-queen
11 years ago
15 posts

Tucker that sounds like a very inteesting theory that may be true.. The person thatstarted and did his dreads the first2.5 years used blackwax and all thisother stuff.. I onlyuse honey and gel... Howcan we get that gunk out :( hanks again

Call Tucker said:

I dont understand why it would cause white gunk to appear, even when they were used together. It sounds more like residue from a wax or shampoo or something put in the hair, that you just noticed after you got all the dirt out of the hair that was covering it up before.

Brown Skin Queen
@brown-skin-queen
11 years ago
15 posts

I use Honey and Gel to retwist... Also The loc treatment I listed...Shampoo and deep condition..

NaturalDreads01 said:

yeah.. Call Tucker has a point. Did you list all the things you do to maintain his dreadlocks?

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
11 years ago
88 posts

try using this shampoo.... http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/
it works wonders. makes your dreads smelll lovely, and its vegan. everyone here thats tried it (most of everyone has tried it and/or using it still), loves it! i use it and im in love with it. there is also a WAX B GONE. use that!

Call Tucker
@call-tucker
11 years ago
27 posts

the baking soda should not be bleaching his hair at all. it should not have stayed in his hair. did you rinse the hair thoroughly with water after the cleanse? If the hair was not rinsed, that could be the reason there are white patches, literally being the baking soda still in his hair.

Also, I have heard a few people have issues with white gunk in their hair. It was always caused either by wax, or by some shampoo with residues in it, however. To get the wax out, many people use dawn dish soap. I know it sounds bad, but it will not harm your hair, and is one of the ONLY things that can actually get the job done. It will require using about a full bottle of dawn, mixed with hot water,and scrubbing on individual dreads. If you search the site, you would be sure to find very specific instructions. If you are serious about doing this and have any questions with that, I can get you better instructions.

Also, the shampoo is sometimes the culprit for 'white gunk'. Make absolutely certain his shampoo is a residue free, 'dread-friendly' shampoo. If not, it will leave many different moisturizers/conditioners that will remain stuck in the dread, and build up over time.

A picture might help other members identify the issue more clearly as well. These are the best theories I can come up with for the time being. I personally do a BS rinse and a ACV rinse, and it works wonderfully for cleaning my hair. Good Luck.. Keep us posted

Brown Skin Queen
@brown-skin-queen
11 years ago
15 posts

Thankyou so kindly Call Tucker for taking thetime to help me out. I greatlyappreciate it.. I will let you know how everything goes..The pic would not upload :(

Call Tucker said:

the baking soda should not be bleaching his hair at all. it should not have stayed in his hair. did you rinse the hair thoroughly with water after the cleanse? If the hair was not rinsed, that could be the reason there are white patches, literally being the baking soda still in his hair.

Also, I have heard a few people have issues with white gunk in their hair. It was always caused either by wax, or by some shampoo with residues in it, however. To get the wax out, many people use dawn dish soap. I know it sounds bad, but it will not harm your hair, and is one of the ONLY things that can actually get the job done. It will require using about a full bottle of dawn, mixed with hot water,and scrubbing on individual dreads. If you search the site, you would be sure to find very specific instructions. If you are serious about doing this and have any questions with that, I can get you better instructions.

Also, the shampoo is sometimes the culprit for 'white gunk'. Make absolutely certain his shampoo is a residue free, 'dread-friendly' shampoo. If not, it will leave many different moisturizers/conditioners that will remain stuck in the dread, and build up over time.

A picture might help other members identify the issue more clearly as well. These are the best theories I can come up with for the time being. I personally do a BS rinse and a ACV rinse, and it works wonderfully for cleaning my hair. Good Luck.. Keep us posted

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u should never do what youtube says to do after all they have idios=ts setting themselves on fire and jumpinfg off roofs

u never mix bs and acv and..u shouldnt "redo" dreads they are done..just leave enm be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

stop doing that

just wash and seperate ..moisture as needd

Brown Skin Queen said:

Yes before this incident We do the Loc Treatment a few days a week.. Liquid Oil Concealer.. Water then Growth Oil and Strawberry Shea butter.. It was too late to see that other people do the BS separately from the Vinegar... It bleached his hair color too.. Thank you Natural for responding..

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

never retwist!

ok heres what u do

stopusing baking soda it will stro]ip color from dyes but shouldnt change natural color

but u got wax and gel crap in there go to

www.dreadlockshampoo.com

get the wax be gone

and the bar shampoos

stop retwisting or he will be bald

now use the wax b gone and that shampoo

never ever retywist

sepetate weekly using the popping method not twisting

use jojoba or aloe (pure) only as moisty[ure none of that crap your usingnow

only jojoba no honey no gel nothing sticky or thick

Brown Skin Queen said:

I use Honey and Gel to retwist... Also The loc treatment I listed...Shampoo and deep condition..

NaturalDreads01 said:

yeah.. Call Tucker has a point. Did you list all the things you do to maintain his dreadlocks?

--
Brown Skin Queen
@brown-skin-queen
11 years ago
15 posts

Soaring Eagle Thanks for the tips.. You have to retwist at the scalp when you get new growth every 6-8 wkslol he won't be bald. Everyone retwist or dreads the new growthto keep it looking fresh. Also his hair is natural and no dyes..Also African Americans need moisture in there hair to keep it soft not hard/crunchy feeling..I would like to try the Dawn or the Wax be gone..How do you lock your new growth?

soaring eagle said:

never retwist!

ok heres what u do

stopusing baking soda it will stro]ip color from dyes but shouldnt change natural color

but u got wax and gel crap in there go to

www.dreadlockshampoo.com

get the wax be gone

and the bar shampoos

stop retwisting or he will be bald

now use the wax b gone and that shampoo

never ever retywist

sepetate weekly using the popping method not twisting

use jojoba or aloe (pure) only as moisty[ure none of that crap your usingnow

only jojoba no honey no gel nothing sticky or thick

Brown Skin Queen said:

NaturalDreads01 said:

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form