11 years ago
3 posts

NIOCE!

updated by @v-cha: 07/23/15 04:57:34PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Sorry, I forgot to post the pics of the rods that came out of my hot water tank. You can see how the hard well water corroded the rods. There were two in the tank, one is dissolved to a nub, the other is all thin and dissolving. The pieces that have broken off were all inside the tank. These rods were the width of my middle finger when new. These were causing the rotten egg smell in my hot water.

Have had the new aluminum rod in the tank for two weeks now and we all notice the difference. No smells, fresher feeling hair too. Before, my dreads still felt dirty after cleaning, but now my hair always feels clean. I have been doing the same washes as before to do a true test and am ecstatic with the results.

So if any of you have well water, you may want to check into replacing the magnesium rods inside the tank to the aluminum. Oh yes, I asked the repair many what the rods purpose is, and it is only to prolong the life of the tank, that's it. Took a picture of the new rod, but somehow deleted it, but as I said, it should be the width of a middle finger, look the same the entire length and be firm.

updated by @the-barrellady: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I finally posted the pics Wind

Wind Horsley said:

Lady, did the service man come out yesterday to swap out the rods?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form