dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Am I balding?? Need help please

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wash and seperate thats all they need

if anyone gives you trouble over lil scalp fuzz just explain to them that hair belondhs on the head and if u obver tighten the roots to make em tidy it makes u go bald

that sty;e is the worse! not only is the roots twisted extreme;y tight but the dreads are pulling extreme;y tightly on the scalp

double trouble

dont get her fired just try to dreaducate her

Dez Flint said:

Okay, whew, well atleast it isn't too bad but you have basically just showed me exactly how she does style my hair. Thanks man, I am glad you responded and you looked like the most knowledgeable person on this board since I saw your responses the most before I joined. I appreciate it greatly! LOL I don't want to get her fired though... But I will try doing everything else you said. Is there a way to atleast make them look neater? Can I just twist them just a little bit?? I work at a book store and I don't want people looking at me confused because where I live people can be a bit judgemental on those who have dreads.

soaring eagle said:

what iu have is called traction alopecia your in luck its not too bad now

ok look at your average salon dreads they will look like this

see how much scalps showing when u twist or oiny=tferlock or force the roots to be too tight it causes teaction alopecia the hair recedes into the dread wich gets thinner and thinner at the roots

now

stop retwisrting dont pull them back leave em loose

massage the scalp with oils (theres a discussion in featured discussii9ns about twisting danger s with tips)

rub jojoba into the roots to try to loosen them

massage the scalp daily to get bloodflow to the roots

fire the salon

tell her why retwistijng is so dangerouse then fire her

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 11:10:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/retwisting-dreads-locs-dangers

ok the guy in the vid this is his discussion well i posted it for him but hes gotten help from panterraa in there shes the expert in this he hads 85% recovery in 3 months

u shpuld have 100%

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

never use rubbere bands they damage the hair use your dreads to tie yoir dreads but if u must tie em do so loosely till yoir scalp recovers at night dont bother at work take 2 or 1 dread wrap round and tuck under be sure not to use any around or near the thining areas and dont make it too tight

if i were u id put em up in a tam or wrap when u v-=can to keep the weight up off the roots ..not saying its nesacary but might speed recovery to have no tension on em at all

but always at least once lo9ng eniugyh its best to use yoir dreads to tie your dreads

or use something wide not restrictive like a t shirt sleeve headband

Dez Flint said:

Thank you both! Your awesome!!! Alright, well atleast I won't have to spend any more money! Alright so is there a way to encourage fast hair growth?? I have an oil right now that I am using called Jamaican Mango & Lime Island Oil, is that good? If not please tell me. Oh and should I not tie my hair anymore too? I usually tie my hair with a rubberband when I sleep and when I am at work. is that bad? What is the proper way to tie it if I am doing it wrong? Thanks again :)!

--
Dez Flint
@dez-flint
11 years ago
36 posts

I guess the rubber bands were the cause of few of my dreads thinning near the ends, that is where the rubber band will land on so it must've been putting too much pressure on it. Oh yeah you said you wanted to see my hair with a tam? What is that? I am sure I can take more pictures with it styled differently so you can see if there are more problems with my dreads if you'd like

soaring eagle said:

never use rubbere bands they damage the hair use your dreads to tie yoir dreads but if u must tie em do so loosely till yoir scalp recovers at night dont bother at work take 2 or 1 dread wrap round and tuck under be sure not to use any around or near the thining areas and dont make it too tight

if i were u id put em up in a tam or wrap when u v-=can to keep the weight up off the roots ..not saying its nesacary but might speed recovery to have no tension on em at all

but always at least once lo9ng eniugyh its best to use yoir dreads to tie your dreads

Dez Flint said:

Thank you both! Your awesome!!! Alright, well atleast I won't have to spend any more money! Alright so is there a way to encourage fast hair growth?? I have an oil right now that I am using called Jamaican Mango & Lime Island Oil, is that good? If not please tell me. Oh and should I not tie my hair anymore too? I usually tie my hair with a rubberband when I sleep and when I am at work. is that bad? What is the proper way to tie it if I am doing it wrong? Thanks again :)!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

here4s another lil vid for ya and a couple salon stories too

ok so all those dreads were free most natural afew not natural but "naturalized" after starting

ok so salon stories

1 freind years ago went to a sa9lon in england she was a pretty blond ..but walked out of there with darkl black dreads (or "dreads") what they did was dumlp a bucket of liquid latex..yes rubber..over her heasd..blsack latex on blond hair then twisted it into sticky rubber messes and sent her home

everything she sat on or touv]ched had a black sticky rubber coating every bit of furniture ruined all her clothes ruined her car lost thousands in vaslue from black stained seats..basicly everything she owned was ruined and had to start over after wasting i think 600 dollars

ff a guy spent 14 grand on his dreads never once washed them himself pau[id a salo9n to wash and twist every month

1/2 fell off

ff to this year a girl joins after payig 10 grand well 5 on her dreads they twisted (shes white twist domt work on white hair) cakesd in wax crochetted interlocked had the loops curt off had the frizz burned off more wax more wax basicly everything u can do wrong

she had to have n]=multiple surgeries and multiple courses of antibiotics due to infecred pimples

another 5 grand in medical bills

she gets here removes wax..instantly her skin clears up and she cancled the next already scheduled surgery

and he5r dreads finaly started to dread

salons are in the making money game

dreads make themswelves

salons make it g=harder to dread to keep u co,ing back to pay them

they make iu sffraid ti wssh your own hair witjout an sppoinltment

did she originalt say not to wash for months even a yesr?

--
Dez Flint
@dez-flint
11 years ago
36 posts

My hair stylist always told me to wash my hair often so I did, I did have other previously before her that told me not to wash them so I guess it was good she told me too. Also I know other salons I have been to (not her) have combined some of my dreads without permission, it really pissed me off. I will stop going to salons!

soaring eagle said:

here4s another lil vid for ya and a couple salon stories too

ok so all those dreads were free most natural afew not natural but "naturalized" after starting

ok so salon stories

1 freind years ago went to a sa9lon in england she was a pretty blond ..but walked out of there with darkl black dreads (or "dreads") what they did was dumlp a bucket of liquid latex..yes rubber..over her heasd..blsack latex on blond hair then twisted it into sticky rubber messes and sent her home

everything she sat on or touv]ched had a black sticky rubber coating every bit of furniture ruined all her clothes ruined her car lost thousands in vaslue from black stained seats..basicly everything she owned was ruined and had to start over after wasting i think 600 dollars

ff a guy spent 14 grand on his dreads never once washed them himself pau[id a salo9n to wash and twist every month

1/2 fell off

ff to this year a girl joins after payig 10 grand well 5 on her dreads they twisted (shes white twist domt work on white hair) cakesd in wax crochetted interlocked had the loops curt off had the frizz burned off more wax more wax basicly everything u can do wrong

she had to have n]=multiple surgeries and multiple courses of antibiotics due to infecred pimples

another 5 grand in medical bills

she gets here removes wax..instantly her skin clears up and she cancled the next already scheduled surgery

and he5r dreads finaly started to dread

salons are in the making money game

dreads make themswelves

salons make it g=harder to dread to keep u co,ing back to pay them

they make iu sffraid ti wssh your own hair witjout an sppoinltment

did she originalt say not to wash for months even a yesr?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no meant u should wear it up in s tam to keep the tension off the roots a tam is like this

Dez Flint said:

I guess the rubber bands were the cause of few of my dreads thinning near the ends, that is where the rubber band will land on so it must've been putting too much pressure on it. Oh yeah you said you wanted to see my hair with a tam? What is that? I am sure I can take more pictures with it styled differently so you can see if there are more problems with my dreads if you'd like

soaring eagle said:

Dez Flint said:

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

weve hads several waxed crochetted and interlocked ..not only without permission but after vbeing told specificaly not to

yea best to avoid salons at all cost

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form