Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

Ok i hear people say that washing often speeds up the dreading process and helps the dreads shrink up and mature faster, but then i hear people say that washing too often hinders the process and undoes knotting. Ive been dreading for 9 months now and still dont have that much progress. Ive been washing every 2 days, is this too often? should i go to every 3 days??

updated by @k-money: 01/13/15 09:41:45PM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
You could try that. What do you wash with? My understanding is washing with a shampoo, something you have to lather up, can hinder early progress. Especially normal shampoos, which have all sorts of nasty things in them to make your hair soft.Washing 2 to 3 times a week is good. Also getting outside in the wind, sleeping, keeping your hands out of your hair, wearing a wool tam, sea salt rinse/spray will all help with the process.
k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

ive been using the dreadlocks lockin up shampoo last couple weeks, and before that i did the BS/ACV wash

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

who says it hinders the process? they dont know what they are talking about
if yoir progress is slow yoir hair lenghth ..or the way you wash and dry are more likely to blame then washing too often

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u also used wax early on wich severely hineered pri]ogress was it completely removed?

lets see pics

--
k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

yes i did use wax, but its been completely gone for id say 7 months now

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how was it removed cause alotta ppl are convinced its completely gone for years only to be surprised by how much is still there

if theres no real progress ..id still suspect its not completely gone

--
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Along with the wax, you may have been using too much acv.
k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

i used wax b gone. there is some progress though, just not near as much as i see from everyone else for 9 months in

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok if u used it a few times that should get it all but its not a race and keep in mind ixchele didnt see a single knot till 8 months in so u really cant compare to everybody..or even anybody

just be happy with what YOU have

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form