Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can you cut dreads?

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
12 years ago
96 posts

Obviously I wouldn't plan on cutting them for.... years, probably many years. But I think butt length is the max length I can handle. so, when that day comes, can I cut them a little bit shorter? If so, how would that be done?

updated by @justsomechick: 01/13/15 09:41:36PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It's definitely possible. I'd recommend cutting them on an angle, though. Then gently brushing out the tips so they don't blunt.

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
12 years ago
96 posts

why no blunting? i have a lot of dreads that are blunting themselves right now.is that bad?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

blunted tips make em dry 5 times slower if they do it themselves just accept it but its silly to force enm to blunt is all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

What Eagle said. You can try to help them not blunt themselves. But sometimes it ends up doing more harm than good. I have plenty of blunted locks. If you just be careful to make sure those ones are dry within 24 hours of washing, you'll be fine

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
12 years ago
96 posts

Oh no i don't force them to blunt, i just have a lot that are doing it on their own. i do blow dry my locs sometimes if they are taking a long time to dry and it's getting close to bed time.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form