Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need some advice.

Alohabr0
@alohabr0
12 years ago
1 posts

I'm just looking for some reassurance during my dread journey...I just started dreads 3days ago, it cost me 150 dollars at a salon & I'm starting to question if it was really worth it or if it'll be worth it in the end. I know dreads are a commitment & the locking process takes time but I feel like mine just look crappy? or is it normal for the beginning stage. I also need some advice on all the loose strands & I feel like they're starting to sag & aren't tight enough. Is this just normal? please take a look at my pictures please. Need help asap lol.

updated by @alohabr0: 01/13/15 09:41:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

salons are never worth it what was done? they should be loose and have loose hairs early on byut the salon was not worth it

if u stop combingit dreads so if it does iyt itself..free hows a salon worth it?

we need to know what was done and used )(products) to\know how to fix it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

take the rubber bands out right away!

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

is that clumps of wax in the tips?

if wax was used demand a full refund comb them out dewax and start over right ..go natural (just let it dred) or twist n rip no products ever

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Salons are notorious for destroying locks. Most schools do not teach people how to create locks in general. And if they do, it's not a healthy method. Very few stylists know how to grow healthy dreadlocks.

I'd say you got off lucky only being charged $150. It can cost a whole lot more.

Count it as a learning experience and wash the out and start over. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You got taken advantage of.

There is a lo of bad info out there. It's become to popularized that you need wax, and crochet hooks, and a whole toolbelt of gadgets to grow locks. When all you need is to wash them 2-3 times a week with non residue soaps or baking soda and apple cider vinegar (NEVER at the same time). And patience. It takes, on average, a full year to grow mature locks. Some people, like myself and Ixchel take longer. Some take less time. As long as you keep them clean and don't mess with your roots, you will have gorgeous locks sooner than you think

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form