Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

separating?

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

God bless everyone. I have watched Baba's tutorials on separating, they are very good. In one of the videos Baba separates a dread at the back, he said he will check it out again in a month....If I waited a month before separating I would have to cut. Can anyone see any problems that may arise from separating more often? I have had huge congo's in the past, and although I love the congos, and I will have big dreads again, I would like to avoid having really massive dreads. Last time I grew locks, I had only eight dreads. This time I would like a few more than that, hehe, so I wan't to get this separating thing done right. Thankyou lovely people for any help.

tim

updated by @tim5: 01/13/15 09:41:06PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Depending on hair type, I've talked to people who need to separate every time they wash. As they become more and more mature, you won't have to separate as often. I said I'd wait a month because mine don't congo much anymore.

If you notice your locks starting to congo, separate them. It's just a matter of when you want to, and how big you want them to be. Just don't separate them al the way to the scalp, and you should be fine

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

Thanks Baba. Yeah, I separate after every shower. Its early stages, so more separating than mature dreads. I just didnt want to run into trouble separating the same dreads so often, but, thats cool, all good.

Baba Fats said:

Depending on hair type, I've talked to people who need to separate every time they wash. As they become more and more mature, you won't have to separate as often. I said I'd wait a month because mine don't congo much anymore.

If you notice your locks starting to congo, separate them. It's just a matter of when you want to, and how big you want them to be. Just don't separate them al the way to the scalp, and you should be fine

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

seoperate weekly early on monthly when lot more mature but that can vary widely by hairs tendency

some have to seaperate way more others way less

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form