Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Separation help

Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

i haven't been 100% with my separation and have only just really learnt how to do it properly of watching Baba Fats separation video. The problem is the underneath layer of my hair especially round the back is just awful. it feels like they are all connected by the roots but its not just by a little bit its like a good 5/6cm of root connection. All my other knots and things are separating perfectly and i can hear them rip when i do it but with these few underneath I'm pulling and there not ripping or budging or anything.

I know its my own fault for not separating them for like the first 5months but its starting to get a bit uncomftorable and stiff, especially when i wear them up.

Any advice on what to do?

updated by @harriet: 01/13/15 09:41:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dip fingers in olive oil work it into the connected areS .pull

always seperate when wet the hairs rip easier then

if et and oily dont work get help to do a minor surgery do so very carefully like a brain surgeon

pull the dreads apart putting tension on the connected hairs and exposing them then carefully with tiny tiny scissors or an exacto blade or razorblade slice or snip a few hairs at a time till u release enough to alow them to rjp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

that all sounds mega painful but its going to have to be done. Thanks for the help :)

soaring eagle said:

dip fingers in olive oil work it into the connected areS .pull

always seperate when wet the hairs rip easier then

if et and oily dont work get help to do a minor surgery do so very carefully like a brain surgeon

pull the dreads apart putting tension on the connected hairs and exposing them then carefully with tiny tiny scissors or an exacto blade or razorblade slice or snip a few hairs at a time till u release enough to alow them to rjp

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form