dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Some undreaded sections - should I TnR them? 2 months natural

calipark
@calipark
12 years ago
54 posts

Hey guys!

I'm almost at the 2 month mark for my natural dreadlock journey. I started out /w backcombing and a lot of them fell out, but the ones that stayed are dreading very nicely. I've been letting the rest lock naturally - it's worked for some sections that rest closest against my scalp when I have to wear a baseball cap for work. But the area around the top back part of my head is having a hard time just-because. The sides on the front are having a hard time ever since I got this job being a dishwasher (had for 3 weeks) cause I have to tie it back in a pony tail, and the sides aren't long enough to complete the pony tail so I have to tuck them behind my ears a lot and they get wet from the steam of the area.

Either way - I was thinking of TnR'ing some trouble sections so they have a better chance to survive the hat issue. I know those sections may just need some extra length to properly hold /w neglect - but I also haven't tested to see if those sections are actually already forming. I'd hate to ruin some progress if there is any that I can't see in the mirror.

Of course, the top of my head is nicely dreading.. I'm thinking I'll get a wool pillow case and tam since I don't have any yet, as I'm not sure if my cotton pillow cases are helping the cause. Since the progress is so much farther along on top I usually just wear a bandana in public.

I guess my question is - does TNR "reset progress back to day 1" on the naturally-sectioned-stage like backcombing does?? Like, can TnR strengthen an existing baby dread/section if necessary with decent results?

Love ya guys. Thanks.

updated by @calipark: 01/13/15 09:40:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes it resets progress no u shouldnt dso it let them dread your only 2 monthsin its normal to have many undreaded sections at this opoint especialy near ears and around hairline it will catch up just give it time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

TnRing any sections that are already forming will reset your progress. It will them have to untangle and retangle all over again.

The hair around your ears and hairline tend to be softer than the rest of your hair. It takes longer for that softer hair to lock. But in time it does. I"m 6 years in and I still have some loose hair around those areas. It's just all part of the process

calipark
@calipark
12 years ago
54 posts

cool thanks for the great advice gentlemen. in any case im glad I didn't mess with them then.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form