Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new salon dread extentions

brianfury
@brianfury
12 years ago
6 posts
Hi guys im new to the forum and dreads. I went to small salong to have dread extentions put into my mohawk. I was refered to this lady by a friend who works with a guy that had them done. I dont know.what method she used and didnt know anything about them untill just today. They are almost a week old and im sure she used to kind of glue. They came out really good and are now becoming frizzy and im scare they will come loose and fall out. She used real hair and said since we used real hair it ill dread up with my narural hair. I asked her about washing and she just said not to wash it. I asked what i can do to keep it looking good and she said to leave it and come in a couple of weeks for a retwist. Do i hwve to get them retwisted a couple of times before i can leave them on their own or is there something i can do myself to keep them from coming loose or falljng out.
updated by @brianfury: 02/14/15 05:46:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

never go back! you see how you lready see scalp>? if u retwust it will get worse and worse u will end up bald

glue? ewww

going to a salons the worse mistake you can bmake wash your hair !

all you ever need to dread is to wash ..thats it

the extentions im certain you will end up cutting off anyway when yiur real dreads grow in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
brianfury
@brianfury
12 years ago
6 posts
Yes i only got them for it to be long while i grow mine. I paid good money for them and they do look good. So now my question is since i already paid for them and really like how they look. If i wash will it stay as os or will it all fall apart and also how to i continue to maintain it from this point while it grows to avoid going back.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wash and seperate thats it they will chanh=ge alot as they actualy dread they will get some fuzziness they will fatten y=up and get some loops and kinks

they dont need any maintenance except washing and seperating

--
brianfury
@brianfury
12 years ago
6 posts
Ok thanks npw by seperating you mean break the connection when they start knotting together? Ive been doing that. If hairs become loose should i just leave them? Or at any point should i be palm rolling.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes just break the connecting hairs no palm rolling does nothing good only harm and yea just leave the loose hairs alone

--
brianfury
@brianfury
12 years ago
6 posts
Ok thank you so much. When should i do my first wash. Ive only had them going on a week on saturday
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

3 or 4 days ago u should wash every few days

--
brianfury
@brianfury
12 years ago
6 posts
So i did my first wash today. My dreads so sooooo frizzy and i have loose hairs like crazy. I know u said palm rolling is bad and so is most all products. Is there any way that isnt damaging to smooth out the crazy frizz? Ive never been a fan of overly frizzy dreads and it kinda drives me crazy lol. I am placing an order for the dreadlockshampoo.com liquid dread shampoo. Should i also get their locking stuff as well?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just wait dreads have to be frizzy in early stages get used to it..ignore it

it will get worse b4 it gets better but it will get better in time

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus