Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Not sure if this is the right place to post. BUT..

Levi
@levi
12 years ago
8 posts

I put my dreads in about a month ago now, using the backcomb method (it's frowned upon, I know. but that was before i realised) And they stayed pretty tight for a while. But lately the ends have been so curly, that i've had to straighten them to make them look half decent, and so much hair is coming loose it's ridiculous. is this normal? will they tighten back up? or are there measures i should be taking. (i stopped palmrolling daily about 3 and a half weeks ago, and i've only been washing my hair with water)

updated by @levi: 02/20/18 10:59:13AM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

backcombing isn't really frowned about it just breaks more hair & is more damaging than tnr or natural.

all starter methods will loosen & then tighten. dreads loosen & tighten, rinse & repeat, it's a process of it. starter methods just set up the sections for knotting so if they fall out it's completely fine & sometimes happens, don't fret.

you may want to wash with more than just water tho, it can work for some people but for most you could retain oils & buildup & your hair needs to be clean to knot. clean head makes for happy dreads. oily or buildup covered hair will slip out of knots. check out the dreadlockshampoo.com products or try the baking soda/ apple cider vinegar washing routine.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form