Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

More natural dreadlocks questions

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

Because I am still new at my natural dreadlock journey I have a few more questions that I'd like to ask, they may be dumb but bare with me :)

So far I am 4 days in and haven't combed my hair. I have sprayed sea salt into my hair once and that was about 2 hours before I washed it. How many times a week should I spray it into my hair?I mixed a bit of the lockin-up dreadlock shampoo with warm water and dumped it over my hair and then rinsed it out, without even touching my hair with my hands. I am only washing it every 3 days.

I want to start doing the BS/ACV scrub but I don't know how much of each to use because I have thin hair and I don't want to use too much. I have bs, rosemary oil, tea tree oil, and apple cider vinegar.

My hair has went from straight to curly because of not conditioning it or combing it and seems to be sectioning itself in random spots.

Where can I get one of those tam things? I almost want to out my hair up and forget I even have it lol.

Am I doing anything wrong so far?

Can anyone answer those questions for me?

updated by @mamakittylove: 01/13/15 09:30:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1 once a weeks plenty how often do most ppl get to swim in the ocean a couple times a summer? u dont have to use sea salt at all but the times u do will help it tighten so do it every so often but not so often its getting over dried or itchy

once a week is plenty often enough

2in featured discussions theres a bs/sea salt ratios discussion that has exact measurements by a chemist

tho thsts only the bs not acv the acv use way way less then u use bs at 1st when they are mature use about same ammount

3 tams http://shops.dreadlockssite.com theres dozens of members that make tams

4 what your doing wrong is counting the days haha the less u pay attention to how long it takes the more it seems to happen very quickly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tiffany burney
@tiffany-burney
12 years ago
12 posts
Hey mama ...i can help with the tam...do u have an ethnic hair store in ur town? Go in and ask for a dread hat...i live in south florida so it's blazing here..i got a nylon net type tam so it holds my hair in but it's not too tight or hot ...I'm practically a stay at home mom (i work over night my hubby works during the day) we have a 4yr old and a 11mth old ...busy busy so I can't have hair in. my face ...then during the winter months I'll get a wool one..o yeah you can also get great beads there..ones that actually fit...well that's all I got hope it n helps
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

Thanks SE! & yeah I probably shouldn't be counting the days, I'm bad with that. I am a taurus, very very impatient :P

& I haven't seen any ethnic hair stores in my town. I live in Florida as well (Sarasota) and the only shop that I thought would have dread hats (Rocketman) doesn't carry them. I am a stay at home mom as well and my son is a hair puller haha. I'd much rather be able to just keep it out of my face and out of his reach! Maybe I can do some Googling and try to find an ethnic hair store somewhere near me. Thanks!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just order 1 from here they are way cheaoer that way

and they will custom make it for you

--
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

Which would you suggest? I just need a cheap one lol. I'm definitely not the wealthiest of people.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

some are only 8-12 dollars just find the 1 u like best that u can afford

a new member makes some amazing ones but are a bit more pricy but the quality is worth it so any day now ill have a real awesome 1 to show off :)

for me a good fitting tams priceless so i dont mind the cost for the right 1

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form