dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

One of my dreads is coming undone

jalen cruz
@jalen-cruz
12 years ago
1 posts

HELP!!!!!

I dont know what to do! my dreads are only 5 days one and looking good (loose hairs and such) but i have this one loc that does not want to lock!I have backcombed it and used a dread tool to knot it all up and it still came undone , i used the rip method , i also did thecrochethook but it keepscomingundone!. Its falling apart again and i dont know if i should just rubber band it at the roots , body , and tip of the dread. will that work? help!

updated by @jalen-cruz: 01/13/15 09:30:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

throw those damn tools away never crochet never use dread tools u backcomb or tnr 1 time only..then leave it alone if it falls apart it falls apart..then wull drad your doing unescary harm u never had to backcomb or tnr and u absolutely never want to use dreD tools to destroy your dreads

just stick a bead on oit..never rubber bands a bead

and stop messing with them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u used beeswax ..huge huge huge mistake your best bet atr this point is to comb em out remove all traces of wax and start over

wax is a massive mistake and beeswax is especialy hard to get out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

If you leave it alone it will re-dread. I used TnR and a lot of mine came unraveled but seriously, by the end of the month they all were visibly re-knotting.

Starter methods don't give "insta-dreads" but they are incredibly useful for providing guidance for sectioning. The actually dreadlocks won't be mature for a long time, a year or more. Once the starter method is used for sectioning you just let them go and they will knot up. Sometimes the forced sectioning can backfire though so keep an eye out for baby dreads that become separated at the root... you may need to just let it go or pull them apart into 2.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form