Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My husband wants to use wax!

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

So my husband is convinced that using the Knotty Boy Dread Wax will help his dreads lock... A good friend of ours owns a tattoo shop that sells the kits. Her dreads were started using the wax and she keeps telling us how well it works. That she has done a lot of peoples dreadsthis way and their locks look amazing.She said that as long as you blowdry your hair every time you get out of the shower it won't make your hair mold or get mildew.

My husbanddoesn't want to just let his locks do what they want (we started with backcombing and since then I have left mine alone to do whatever, he still palmrolls and backcombs often), he wants to use wax. He even asked me if I wanted him to buy a crochet hook! After we used the BS mix and ACV yesterday he now has a lot of rogue hairs and he says that it's unraveling his baby locks and wants to wax them up to help them......

I keep telling him about all the information I read from this website and he keeps mocking me saying "Oh so now you're a dreadlock genius because you did research for 3 days huh?!".

I am about to just tell him to do what he wants and let himuse the wax and hooks.

I will have beautiful natural locks and he'll eventually need to cut his out because of mold/mildew.

But on the other hand I REALLY want to convince him that using the wax and hooks are NOT the way to go....because I want us BOTH to have beautiful locks....

Ugh :(

updated by @mamakittylove: 01/13/15 09:29:55PM
Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Some people have to learn the hard way............. I really hope he doesn't end up using the wax.

Good luck!

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

tell him to do his own real research. encourage him to read the dreaducation, have him look through the recovery forums. if he still thinks he can get away with such damaging methods with a head of dreads he can try it, but i'm sure it won't go as well as he thinks.everything he's doing is hindering his progress & damaging his locks, & keeping them from doing what they need to do, & it seems he has plans to go even worse with it. have him read on what he's doing before he keeps doing it, show him photos of the damage, inform him as best you can.

Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts

First off I think it's really great that you and your husband are dreading together. Second, as mentioned above, he really does need to do his own research esecially since he wont listen to what you have found. I almost went the Knotty Boy route and then I found this site and saw all the pics and discussions by people whose hair was destroyed by it. Thankfully because of all the info and support here I went the natural route. that was 6 months ago and my locks are amazing. Messy is normal and rouge hairs are just part of the process, they'll find their way into a lock when it's time. Unfortunalty some do have to learn the hard way and he may not heed your warnings or the warnings on this site. If that's the case it's probably best to let him do what he wants instead of beating a dead horse, although I hope it doesn't come to that for him. Good luck with convincing and educating and Blessings on your journey

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

simple have him read the info show him the phortos of locks calked in wax

and ruined by crochet

and when he mocks u mock him back say at least i did research instead of just buying into a marketting sacam

tell him virtualy all more experienced dreadheads concider knottyboy a scam and most former customers call themselves victims now

then tell him a willing victim is sdtill a victim but a willing victims victimized twice once by the scammer and twice by their own stupidity or stuburness

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

I combed out my baby dreads last night because I want to start my dread journey 100% natural. The wax that I put in those few dreads will not come out. I will definitely never use that shit again. I just wish it would come out so I could start new ASAP. I don't want to just let it sit in there..... :/

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

I know how sad you must feel, but you are going to have amazing natural dreads!!!

Be happy! :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u can also explan wax users come in 2 varieties..victims who were unaware of the bad issues..and candleheads people who were told the risks and out of stuburness used it anyway

and candle heads get laughed at alot mostly behind their backs

but alot of dreadheads see candles and just think..ewww

tho we do feel sorry for the victims

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form