Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

swimming in chlorine?

Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

i didnt know if this post is in the right place or not but anyway I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks for a week and i can 100% guarantee i will be in the pool everyday.

my dreads actually turn 3 months while I'm there so I'm super excited, i just love them so much and there starting to loop quite a lot and there just amazing (hahaha to much dread love) but like does any one have any tips or whatever or just like dos and donts when swimming in a pool with chlorine in. like can i dunk my head right in or is it better just to tie them up the whole time and try not to get them wet, is it okay if they get splashed or if they do get wet all the time do i just wash them like normal when i come out and is it okay to wash them everyday for the whole five days?

Also i dont know what time i will be swimming it could be any time of the day up until 10pm at night so whats the best way to dry so i dont go to bed with damp hair?

so yeah just after advice and tips really :) thank you :D

Oh yeah and i use the Nag Champa dreadlocks shampoo so that will be the one I'm taking

updated by @harriet: 01/13/15 09:29:18PM
Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

Thanks so much for sharing you experience.it would be so much easier if i was swimming in the sea but unfortunately I'm not and have no idea what chlorine could do to my hair :( ill just make sure i rinse it properly afterwards.

great advice about tossing them over the pillow on a night though! :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

2 things before going in a pool soak your hair in fresh no9n chlorinated water so it absorbs less chlorine

2 wash afterwardsor rinse but do not use baking soda after chlorine! vinagers on=k not bs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form