Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Small sections

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

I took out my TNR's 3 weeks ago and am going natural. My hair is about 7-8 inches long. My sections are pretty small/skinny. I was wondering if they will stay small or get bigger as they dread. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with my length. I want kind fat dreads so I'm hoping they'll congo together, did anybody else have these skinny section? And how did they turn out?

updated by @james-turk: 01/13/15 09:24:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dreads always look skinny at 1t and thicken but are the root areas real thin>?/ they will congo if u dont seperate but be careful not to let em congo too much

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

It seemslike most of them are about 1/4 to 1/2inch at the roots, so I guess I should be ok.I don't want them super thick, thumb thickness probably. It just seems like I will have a ton of them if they stay sectioned the way they are.I do have very thick hair so maybe I will have alot of them?

soaring eagle said:

dreads always look skinny at 1t and thicken but are the root areas real thin>?/ they will congo if u dont seperate but be careful not to let em congo too much

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1/2 inch is thumb sized a few thinner here and therre is good too and many of the thin ones will probly congo b4 u realize it

James Turk said:

It seemslike most of them are about 1/4 to 1/2inch at the roots, so I guess I should be ok.I don't want them super thick, thumb thickness probably. It just seems like I will have a ton of them if they stay sectioned the way they are.I do have very thick hair so maybe I will have alot of them?

soaring eagle said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

Cool, thanks SE. Since I'm just gettin started "again" should I be using the same amount of ACV as I do BS or less? I feel the same amount helps with the itchies but will it condition to much?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form