Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crazy bumps and curls

Abbigirl
@abbigirl
12 years ago
14 posts

So I am on week 5 of having dreads. I used the twist & rip method with low maintenance. I have long fine blonde hair. It looked great at first but then the roots came really loose and some of the ends. I know that is normal but now I am noticing quite a few "Snags" bumps and curls forming in the knottier parts. Should I be doing something to maintain these or should I just leave them? Is it a sign that my dreads are coming undone? My hair is a crazy mess every morning and its difficult to sort through and pull them apart at times to look presentable. Any advice is appreciated!!

Abbi

updated by @abbigirl: 01/13/15 09:23:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you mean loops? thats them dreading just leave enm be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

leave them alone! it's not coming undone it's a sign of progress. they must loosen & shift get lumps & bumps & then retighten to lock up.

it's not going to be "neat" if you are having a very messy day put on a tam & ignore it for a day. beads & wraps can help you with keeping some lumps & bumps in line & separation.

Abbigirl
@abbigirl
12 years ago
14 posts

thanks for the advice! its nice to have some reassurance. my roommate always looks at me like "you're going outside like that" hahaha. i know i just need to be more patient!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

and tell your roomate hell yea i'm proud of my messy dreadies

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form