Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i used wax the first day of backcombing .. now what should i do from here on ?

Michael garza
@michael-garza
12 years ago
6 posts

i just started my dreads 2 days ago by backcombing and i used wax the first day and wondering if i should wash it out or just leave it alone and let it do its thing ? i have a pic of me on the first day so u can see

updated by @michael-garza: 01/13/15 09:22:22PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

get all the wax out, dont use it, ever. there are a lot of great threads here that explain many ways to get it out completely.

Undead...
@undead
12 years ago
7 posts

I used wax too. And I just wanna say from finding this site I have found a lot of help with dreads (thank you dreadies) and stopped using wax and wash my hair with natural stuff now. I'm not gonna try and make you stop using wax. Its really a choice. (like my choice of using it at 1st and seeing all of the beautiful dreads on here, and stopping my use). You're hair is going to be really sticky and you're not gonna be able to feel/touch your dreads without having sticky hands and needing to wash them every time you touch them. I've been washing my dreads and not using any product at all. I know that there is probably still wax build up but I'm slowly working on getting it out. I know that its coming out thought because my dreads aren't sticky and my natural curls are showing from the roots and the tips. your only 2-3 days in. Maybe try washing it and never using any wax again. And if you have any more questions I highly recommend talking to SE. he is really great and probably has dreads longer than all of us here.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wax is evil inj dreads so the best thihg u can do n=being 2 days in is comb them out dewax (scrub like crazy) then start over

i wouldnt backcomb again id twist n rip or go natural

but the wax must come out and cause its soooo hard to remove the best thing you can do is comb them out and start over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i looked at the pic why why why would you backcomb that hair? you got great hair for natural dreads!

comb that out very gently and carefully

then use very hot water and dawn dish soap and scrub like crazy

then throw your comb in the trash

and let it dread

--
Sam thomson
@sam-thomson
12 years ago
52 posts

just saying ... i did the same .... i didnt brush out just washed thouroghly... had em for 15 months now and theres still a bit in though ... only can feel it in some spots after a really hot soaking

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats why its bestto start over if your under a month only way to be si[ure u get it all

cause it can take months of hard wa]ork and u may never be si[ure u got it all unles u do comb out and start fresh wax free

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form