Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BUILD-UP HELP PLEASE.

K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
15 years ago
58 posts
tyvm soaringeagle :] can i have the link I started my locks yarn braid method by the way ill have to take some pics of them sometime. soaringeagle said:
does it smell like mold? i dont think it is mold so no i wouldnt worry
but the baking soda mix will definately take care of it

u find the thread ok or do u need a link?

K E A Z said:
Thanks soaringeagle ill try that tomarow oh and will this mold stuff make my dreads fall off? im just worried about that im not sure if this is normal :\

soaringeagle said:
dr bronners usualy works well but nit in all types of water, try the baking soda .. waut 1st sniff any scent? if no mustyness or if it smells soapy its the bronners being a pure soap in i think hasrd or soft water forget which it wont rinse well (did u dilute 12-1?)

try the baking soda leave it on an extra long time (20 min?) then a apple cidar vinagwr rinse ( couple capfuls to 1/3 cup in a gallon water let soak a few min) rince very very well dry very well

K E A Z said:
nope no wax just that dr.bronners magic soap

updated by @k-e-a-z: 07/18/15 01:47:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for yarn braid method?you braid yarn into the dreads?could it be wool fuzz?thats a method i never even heard of yea braid method but dunno what yarn braid method is K E A Z said:
tyvm soaringeagle :] can i have the link I started my locks yarn braid method by the way ill have to take some pics of them sometime.

soaringeagle said:
does it smell like mold? i dont think it is mold so no i wouldnt worry
but the baking soda mix will definately take care of it

u find the thread ok or do u need a link?

K E A Z said:
Thanks soaringeagle ill try that tomarow oh and will this mold stuff make my dreads fall off? im just worried about that im not sure if this is normal :\

soaringeagle said:
dr bronners usualy works well but nit in all types of water, try the baking soda .. waut 1st sniff any scent? if no mustyness or if it smells soapy its the bronners being a pure soap in i think hasrd or soft water forget which it wont rinse well (did u dilute 12-1?)

try the baking soda leave it on an extra long time (20 min?) then a apple cidar vinagwr rinse ( couple capfuls to 1/3 cup in a gallon water let soak a few min) rince very very well dry very well

K E A Z said:
nope no wax just that dr.bronners magic soap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ok i just looked it up so u started withy yarn extentions braided into your hair then alowed it to dread from there hmmm ok im leaning towards it being yarn fibers in thereif the baking soda dont get it out id take out the yarn then carefullyt try to pick as much out of the roots as u can what u cant will just get stuck intherewait hmm is the yarn the color of your hair and the buildups white? maybe that isnt it then...id never heard of that b4 till i saw 1 locticians site

--
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
15 years ago
58 posts
kinda haha yarn black my hair brown im sure the baking soda might work if it dosent ill take the yarn out and backcomb the rest of the undreaded hair on the bottom :] soaringeagle said:
ok i just looked it up so u started withy yarn extentions braided into your hair then alowed it to dread from there hmmm ok im leaning towards it being yarn fibers in there

if the baking soda dont get it out id take out the yarn then carefullyt try to pick as much out of the roots as u can what u cant will just get stuck inthere

wait hmm is the yarn the color of your hair and the buildups white? maybe that isnt it then...
id never heard of that b4 till i saw 1 locticians site
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
where did u7 come across that method?seems like an odd choice, from what i read its more for ppl who arent really sure they wanna dread so they make fake yarn dreads then if they like em it will dread then u remove em? i guess?not critisizing just curius cause mever came across that b4..but then theres alotta strange methods out there K E A Z said:
kinda haha yarn black my hair brown im sure the baking soda might work if it dosent ill take the yarn out and backcomb the rest of the undreaded hair on the bottom :]

soaringeagle said:
ok i just looked it up so u started withy yarn extentions braided into your hair then alowed it to dread from there hmmm ok im leaning towards it being yarn fibers in there

if the baking soda dont get it out id take out the yarn then carefullyt try to pick as much out of the roots as u can what u cant will just get stuck inthere

wait hmm is the yarn the color of your hair and the buildups white? maybe that isnt it then...

--
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
15 years ago
58 posts

Lunapic Photo Editing heres some pic when i first got them done. Lady at salon told me about locking ur hair in yarn braids. My hair looks way diffrent now its like staring form dreads at the roots and the yarn pulling down ill have to take new pic its kinda hard too explan this haha soaringeagle said:
where did u7 come across that method?
seems like an odd choice, from what i read its more for ppl who arent really sure they wanna dread so they make fake yarn dreads then if they like em it will dread then u remove em? i guess?
not critisizing just curius cause mever came across that b4..but then theres alotta strange methods out there

K E A Z said:
kinda haha yarn black my hair brown im sure the baking soda might work if it dosent ill take the yarn out and backcomb the rest of the undreaded hair on the bottom :]

soaringeagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
with that hair why the hell did u go to a salon?they screwed a sorry tio say but your hair would dread like crazy naturaly..i mean probly in weekswow ok im kinda stunned that they would look at that hair and suggest braiding yarn into it to dread.. that doesnt make any sence i woulda went nayuraL IF NOT TWIST N RIP BUT U MIGHTA STARTED TWIST AND RIP ON 1 SIDE AND BY THE TIME U GOT 1/2 DONE HAD NATURAL DREADS ON OTHER SIDE..i would get the yarn out but not backcomb just leave em..or tos in some beadsbut ya know ..yoyr hairs so perfectly suited for natural dereads i dunno why yad concidser any other optrion

--
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
15 years ago
58 posts
I might just take the rest of the yarn out then. well i dident have friends that would help me and my mom dident want too help me so she say blah blah get it done professionally at a salon so i went >_< plus i was stressing out trying backcomb it my self but now since its half way dreaded and sectiond ill just take out the yarn and backcomb the rest and hopefully that residue stuff would come out easyer without that yarn lol soaringeagle said:
with that hair why the hell did u go to a salon?
they screwed a sorry tio say but your hair would dread like crazy naturaly..i mean probly in weeks

wow ok im kinda stunned that they would look at that hair and suggest braiding yarn into it to dread.. that doesnt make any sence i woulda went nayuraL IF NOT TWIST N RIP BUT U MIGHTA STARTED TWIST AND RIP ON 1 SIDE AND BY THE TIME U GOT 1/2 DONE HAD NATURAL DREADS ON OTHER SIDE..
i would get the yarn out but not backcomb just leave em..or tos in some beads

but ya know ..yoyr hairs so perfectly suited for natural dereads i dunno why yad concidser any other optrion
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ya never had to backcomb and u dont gotta now ..your hairs made for dreading take out the yarn get em good n clean then let em dread get yourself a tam theres some in the tradr thread in cradfts section if u got tradables if not see the dread shops sandandssky makes nice ones..or gett ya some beads daniels givin away like 1900 beads to membersill findd that and bump itif u dont go naturalo, trey twist n rip it works berter with less damagebut id just take the yarn out and see what it does fort 3 weeks or so..

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
yeah, I doubt it's mold. It's probably from not rinsing the soap out well enough. I sometimes have soapy dreads if I space and not rinse really well. It could be dandruff if it's only at your scalp. Wax doesn't just wash out so if your salon used it then that could be it.Dreads are like the news....You never, ever, ever stick with just one source of information. Or it's like going to the doctor for something serious...you *always* get more than one opinion....Actually thats about how I treat everything in life.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form