Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hair too soft to dread?

Nicholas janousek
@nicholas-janousek
12 years ago
49 posts

so I'm about 6 1/2 months in now and lately when I've done my washes my hairs been getting like baby hair soft and silky smooth i was just wondering could this cause my hair to dread slower cause I've started to notice my dreads are getting real loose feeling and they're usually real tight any feedback will be greatly appreciated

love and peace :]

updated by @nicholas-janousek: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Well it would help to know what you are washing with. Too much oil, maybe? Maybe to much ACV if you're going that method? There are many reasons that your hair could soften. It would probably slow the process down, but not stop it. Have you tried using a sea salt spray? About 1/4 tbls to a few cups of water. Don't leave it in though. Spray it on and wash it out soon. By that I mean either after a few minutes or no more than 2 hours.

6 month in with fine hair can still be in the middle of the process. They are still tightening and loosening. In a few months they'll stop.

But first, tell us what your washing with, in detail if you can

Nicholas janousek
@nicholas-janousek
12 years ago
49 posts

I wash with 2/3 a cup of baking soda in 3 quarts of water and let it sit for 15 mins rinse and then 2/3 of a cup of acv in 3 quarts of water and let that sit for about 5 mins then rinse and I probably try the salt water but i live like 2 miles from the beach so ill probably just take a dip or get a spray bottle lol

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Well, ACV is a conditioner. You could try to cut back to 1/2 a cup or even a little less. And yeah, the ocean is always better than a spray bottle. But the same goes for that. Wash your hair after you take a dip. The salt is caustic to your skin. Good for you in many ways, but not if you leave it on long

Nicholas janousek
@nicholas-janousek
12 years ago
49 posts

alright I'll try cutting back on the acv and yeah I've never used sea salt caus ei have a fairly sensitive scalp so its not something I'll do very often but thanks for the help man :]

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if yioyr under a year u should use less acgv and not sioak it at all rinse imediateky

thats why

i only soak the acv 3 min

and the bs 10

so your over doing it all

soak the bv=bs 10 min abnd rinse then pour on the acv weaker then your using and rinse right away

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Blair Joseph Ripperger
@blair-joseph-ripperger
12 years ago
23 posts

mines pretty straight to and at 7months its forming i guess bit by bit day by day.ihavealot of loose hairs and a few knots that are pretty thick but i leave the sea salt spray in all day or longer and ive had no problem with it at all. mines kind of soft but i dont use acv or anything for that matter but i think for me its that my hair is straight.

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form