Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

a few updated pics and question

YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

ok i'm a lil over 14 months along from a shaved head....

they are coming along good for the most part.

the only thing that is annoying me right now is that the ends of most my dreads remain really soft and straight, and there is a small part in the very back that is totally soft and not dreading very well.

you can see what i mean if you look at the pics....u really cant tell the back area tho

any advice or comments on how things are coming, and what i should or shouldn't do in the near future??

here are the pics:

updated by @yukon: 01/13/15 09:15:48PM
YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

one more

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they are fine tho id expect em to be lil tighter but the ends are better off staying loose and soft especialy if tour gonna live in alwaska!

loose tips let water out so u dont freeze to death for 3 days after every wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

Eagle's always right about this. I have tons of blunted ends that just happened as mine formed. Some are still loose. the ones that are blunted take an age and a half to dry. I twist and squeeze as much water from them as possible, but they still stay wet for 6-8 hours after I shower. and the center might even be wet the next day. It's better off to leave the ends as they are. if they want to blunt, they will

YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

i'm not so concerned that they are blunted or not....i just don't like that the inch or two end of most dreads is sooooo soft and straight.

i know just to let it be, but at the same time i want an easy way for it to get "less soft"...the dreads themselves are formed good....it just bugs me to death that they have their current appearance....prolly would bug me less if they were longer....being so short it's almost hard to tell that i even have dreads sometimes.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

a salt water spray might help you with that. it's great for helping knot, and it dries out your hair a little. Just don't use too much, and make sure you wash it out a few hours later

tripple 7
@tripple-7
13 years ago
6 posts
Salt water will help some but I wud try to twist them and put some beads on them that may help.My back look great I just have hell with the front top of my head .( I have straight hair on top)
YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

i do salt spray, i don't rinse it out tho.

...and i don't wash too much....like every cpl mnths.

...just 'til they are solid then i'll wash normal like 2x a week. (im off wrk for 2 weeks starting this friday...ill baking soda wash and report)

yours look awesome tripple....i wish i could have started mine really short....no chance..lol.

tripple 7 said:

Salt water will help some but I wud try to twist them and put some beads on them that may help.

My back look great I just have hell with the front top of my head .( I have straight hair on top)
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

beads won't help the tips rough up. It's not good for them, but you could roll them in the palm of your hand for a little while. Not until they become blunted, but it'll help break the tips and let them tangle a little bit more. I'd just leave them alone, but if it's what you want, that's one way you could go about it

tripple 7
@tripple-7
13 years ago
6 posts
Thx Yukon
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form