Dreadlocks Forums

Itchy scalp

Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Thank u!!!

lysergic.nightshade said:

BS/ACV wash with peppermint and patchouli was the only thing that really seemed to help me.

And washing with cold water, that helps a lot too.

updated by @celeste: 07/18/15 07:34:08PM
Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Thank u!!!

Adva Kiryu said:

really cold water is also good =) or sweet almond oil =)

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
13 years ago
53 posts

I found something that really works (for me) - I woke up this morning scratching so bad I thought I was going to make my scalp bleed. I came on here and found a discussion, that I cant seem to find now, where SE suggested a few drops of rosemary and peppermint(I think)oils in a water spray. I must admit I was very sceptical that a bit of mist was going to stop the unbareable itchyness, but it bloody worked! I didnt have peppermint so I put a few drops of rosemary, a few of lavendar and one of tea tree (same ones I use to wash with) in with clean water, I sprayed a little mist from afar onto my head where my partings are, shook my locs about a bit and it hasnt itched since! - Btw I didnt spray much, my hair wasnt damp or anything.

Was it the placebo effect? I dont care, it stopped the itching and me scratching it, so it works for me : )

mercy ~
@mercy
13 years ago
44 posts

i heard baking soda takes the residue and chemicals out of hair or something. idk if its true or not lol

Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Thank u!!! I actually just went today and got tea tree oil and lavender and peppermint. I will be washing with the acv wash tomarrow, but it hasn't been itching as bad as it was. Thank u for that advice, I will definitely use that it it starts up again!!! ;)

Rachel Dee said:

I found something that really works (for me) - I woke up this morning scratching so bad I thought I was going to make my scalp bleed. I came on here and found a discussion, that I cant seem to find now, where SE suggested a few drops of rosemary and peppermint(I think)oils in a water spray. I must admit I was very sceptical that a bit of mist was going to stop the unbareable itchyness, but it bloody worked! I didnt have peppermint so I put a few drops of rosemary, a few of lavendar and one of tea tree (same ones I use to wash with) in with clean water, I sprayed a little mist from afar onto my head where my partings are, shook my locs about a bit and it hasnt itched since! - Btw I didnt spray much, my hair wasnt damp or anything.

Was it the placebo effect? I dont care, it stopped the itching and me scratching it, so it works for me : )

Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
I heard the same thing! I'm trying it tomarrow!! Thanks for the reply!!! ;)

mercy ~ said:

i heard baking soda takes the residue and chemicals out of hair or something. idk if its true or not lol

Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

Those shampoo bars, what are the different, and which one would u recommend?

soaring eagle said:

not good at all thsat will cause buildup possibly mold if u wash every day they dont dry

try the bs 2-3 times a week or try this www.dreadlockshampoo.com irs amazing

ammmmmaazzzzzzing

u may want to do an anti residue shampoo to remove the buildup from the cheap stuff

\

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form