Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

beginner looking for tips

Stephen DiRusso
@stephen-dirusso
13 years ago
18 posts

hey whats up, my name is steve-O..... I just got dreads for the second time two days ago..... The first time was done by someone who absolutly didnt know what they were doing. I was hoping to get some basic tips.... First off i got them done by back combing and palmrolling. there are no products at all in my hair. First question is how long should i wait until i wash, i am italian so my hair tends to get greasy fast. also should i keep repeating palmrooling and backcombing, if so how often. any other tips will definitly help i want to keep the dreads until im old and gray and mostlikely until im dead.

updated by @stephen-dirusso: 01/13/15 09:06:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nonono do not ever repeat backcvombinbg and palm rollings pointless

but no backcombing ever again

and dont wait wah when u need to buut slowly wash less till your less oilt=y and use the baking sodaand sea salt wah no acv and u will get less oily faster

but just leave em be to dread just seperate idf they congo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Stephen DiRusso
@stephen-dirusso
13 years ago
18 posts

ok cool cause everytime i look for info its always different... i got them friday i was thinking of washing today but i have an ati residue shampoo, or should i go and get the bakingsoda and just do that... the only reason ive been thinking about washing so soon is cause they are getting prettyu greasy and i dont want them to undo but i have been spraying my hair with seasalt and water once a day

Stephen DiRusso
@stephen-dirusso
13 years ago
18 posts

i didnt ruin them already by doing this did i?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

jno your fine id do the bakimg soda i would not do sea salt every day u should rinse that off id add it to the bs or spray on 2 hours b4 u wash and only do it 1 or 2 times a weeek

yea wash if u are =greasy ..or 1 day afyer u are till u cfan go 4 or so days withou being oily

--
Stephen DiRusso
@stephen-dirusso
13 years ago
18 posts
Cool, thanks so much man.... Its great to get some straight facts lol.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

other sites are marketting sites its proffitable to lie

--
Stephen DiRusso
@stephen-dirusso
13 years ago
18 posts
One last question... I hear everybody say keep up with the maitan"ence hat exactly isthat the maitanence.. Ive been reading on the site but I dont want to,miss something and come back and say "oh I should have done that". Like I said I want them to last forever
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

seperating so they dont grow together into 1 huge dread thats all

--
Stephen DiRusso
@stephen-dirusso
13 years ago
18 posts
Thats easy enough, thank you again