Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing hair

Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

Well I tried asking a few question about twisting and wax. For the most part I got my answer, but it turned onto a huge fight over nothing. One love, but anyways onto my question. I am wondering how soon should i wash my hair. I have been doing research and read many different things. I am wanting the advice of someone who has African American hair. I will take advice from anyone. I just want to hear first hand of someone with my hair type. My dreads are 4 days old.

updated by @devin3: 01/13/15 09:06:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres no need to wait to wash but your hair doesnt produce oils so doesnt need to be washed as often but a weeks a good time to wash ..but if u feel like you want to wash sooner then wash sooner oils not the only reason to wash the air itself deposits dirt and grime in your hair right?

how often did u wash before dreads? wasgh that often..unless the answers every day if u washed every day then every 2-3 days is good

anyone who tells u not to wash dreads dont know nothing

when u wanna wash wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

well i am going to have to wait until i can get some cash for some residue free shampoo and conditioner.I want to wash now, i read i can use regular soap.(what you would shower with) For right now would I also be able to just run water. I know not to scrub right? It is a gentle wash right? I also have tea tree oil. Should I put some of that in my hair?Any good advice is nice.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea the 1st few washes be gentle ofcourse but by all means wash

everytime u wash its more tangled after right

every wash it will get more dreaded

though it will have to loosen up out of the tight twists in order to start to dread

but if your gentle ot will hld the sections together and thats the only purpose of the twisting to begin with define the sections

--
Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

I may wait about a week to wash, that will make it 2 weeks of not washing my hair. I am on ok with it. Plus I have to get some shampoo. so what bout washing with shower soap.

Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

My dish soap has bleach so may not be a good idea huh.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if u dont have a dread soap wash with baking soda if u use dish soap dilute it

u just wanna wash gently 1st few times wash the scalp rinse it thru the dreads

lotta ppl do wait 2 weeks outta paranoia u dont gotta but u can if u start tio itch or feel gross by all means wash

--
Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

for sure for sure I think I am going to wait. But tonight I will shower and rinse my hair with water

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nah never used it but as far as store bought shampoos go id guess its probably 1 of the safer ones although uid think its gonna be conditioning since theres no baby conditioners seperate im thinking the baby shampoo would condition by itself

not sure havent used it since i was ..umm i have no idea..real young

4 at a guess

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form