Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing dreads

Pauli
@pauli
13 years ago
4 posts

Hey guys! I just got the lower half of my head dreaded but I was wondering how long do I have to wait till i can wash them? I already had two dreads that i got done in January and the person told me to wait a month until I wash them.. but right now ill be doing a lot of swimming in a lake and hard work were i will be sweating so i do not wish to wait a month..

by the way I have dr. bronners liquid soap & the method i used was twist & rip on some and the crochet method on others..

peace!

updated by @pauli: 01/13/15 09:06:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1 u never have to wait to wash whoever told u to not wash knew nothing and noooo do not crochet them! thats siuch a horible thing to do to dreads ever

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wash them 1-3 times a week every week starting now

washing helps dreads dread but throw the crochet hook away!

--
Pauli
@pauli
13 years ago
4 posts

haha what is so bad about the crochet method? 0.o

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it breaks a ton of hairs causing them toi need constant repair which breaks more they get stiff way way way too tight 1/3 the thicknes of a healtht dread eventuialy they become so weak a hard rain breaks them off

its pure destri=uction

it takes 6 months to recover from doing it 1 tikme only b4 thry even begin tio dread right

and in that 6 months they get extra fuzzy from all tyhe broken hairs popping iut al ovder

if u keep crochettig to fix them they not only get weak but look fake with no personalitty

and they are so stiff they dnt lmove

its a terible method..its not a method of dreading at all its weaving that imitates dreading..poorly

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form