Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help with my thinning dreadlocks...

Dominique Stone
@dominique-stone
13 years ago
3 posts

I've had my dreads for a little over a year now and they are starting to thin at some of the roots. I don't know whats causing it, most of them are pretty tight, but im afraid the thin ones will fal out, or more will become thin.

I was my hair every other week, something once a week, and i twist dreads that feel sort of lose when i can.

Is there anyway to stop this, am i not taking care of my hair right? I really love my dreads and dont want to lose them just yet.

updated by @dominique-stone: 01/13/15 09:06:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

stop twisting remove wax twisting is causing it but u also used wax which is dread death u got to remove the wax and nevber ever twist them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dominique Stone
@dominique-stone
13 years ago
3 posts

Yeah i heard that, i stopped using wax about a month ago. So i should just go all natural then? Let it grow on its own?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ofcourse but stopping usimg wax isnt enough u gotta remobve whats in there which is very hard to do

--
Dominique Stone
@dominique-stone
13 years ago
3 posts

i just washed my dreads today, i was never using that much to begin with though, because i didnt want to over wax..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

any wax is over waxing and it doesnt wash out even after years of washing

unless they are very thin very loose

and the waters very ghot

and u use something like vinager and dawn dish soap and lots of it

and even then it can take months of work to remove even a tiny bit

its evil stuff

but gogone or dissolvit or body splash or the knotty n nice wax remover soap can help alot even the ind=ustrial strengh stuff ho u might need to do several times

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form