Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ouch, ouch, OUCH!!!

Cheekychu
@cheekychu
13 years ago
14 posts

interesting, i separated mine somewhat in the beginning (3 months ago) because my hair gets matted very quickly when it's neglected. so i knew if i did nothing i'd be growing a few giant congos. BUT i noticed fairly early that my hair was fighting some of the separations i had made. and they were growing in a 'funky' way and i had to keep on top of having them parted. after about a week of this i gave up. plus i felt it was kind of defeating the purpose of doing it naturally so to speak. i just let it go. and many of them re-separated in their own way. and they stopped being funky ^_^

i don't know if it would help you, how long your hair is or how far along you are, but that was my experience. maybe something to look out for for people starting out. hope it evens out soon. scalp pain sux :( oh, also i don't sleep with anything. i'm being patient, but everything is moving along fine. i think the bed head thing helps move it along. as well as washing it a lot. even if it's just a water rinse. again, my experience..

updated by @cheekychu: 07/23/15 04:06:23PM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
thanks, cheekychu. i don't think it has anything to do with my sectioning. since i went natural i let my hair section off how it wanted. i'm almost 8 months in now. i've had very knot resistant hair so i have barely done any separating because it was undoing progress. the section in question isn't even that big but because of my thin hair its pulling in an odd way. ugh. i guess i'm going to have to deal with it.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form