Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

should i increase my washing?

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
Yea twice a day is too much, but your friend i think has the right basic idea. Shampooing tends to be a process that strips your hair and scalp of natural oils, causing it to dry out which aids in tangling. Hell like i have said in other posts i experimented washing my hair 5 days a week for two weeks a while back and i had some nice lookin lil phatties at tha end of it. But..i also over-dried out my scalp from lack of hot oil treatment, so watch that.
updated by @thundersquall: 07/10/15 01:32:58AM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i've been wearing my wool tam to bed every night and it been helping with the knotting. i found two new knots this morning. also doing sea salt sprays on my hair on the days in between washings is helping roughen up my hair a bit so its more prone to knotting and not so soft.
Z2
@z2
13 years ago
34 posts
Local grocey store. Get the fine sea salt, as it mixes up better than the coarse stuff...

pokolo said:
k where is a good place to find sea salt? a natural food store or just a grocery store even?
pokolo
@pokolo
13 years ago
59 posts
i don't have any wool sweaters but would acrylic work?
Pann
@pann
13 years ago
16 posts

Acrylic is a decent alternative, but just be warned that you will have to keep an eye out for fuzzies till it gets worn in and also, after each wash , it may put a little electric charge in your locks.

I also know I'll probably be shanked for this suggestion, but I'll do it anyway. Have you considered a last resort plan yet? If not, I might suggest backcombing. Yes, it's going to be long and tedius and if you have a tender head slightly aggrivating, but if nothing works after a long battle of trying to get natural dreadlocks, this might be a decent kickstart for your hair in that direction. Mine is very fine and that's the route I had to take after trying to go natural for a time without it. After the backcombing though, I haven't had to touch unless I want to and it's behaved very well.

pokolo
@pokolo
13 years ago
59 posts

went to kohl's today they had a hat on sale for 3.60 it is 57% wool 39% polyester 4% spandex

since it was so cheap i figured i'd try it out, but is this good enough? or do i need a hat that is moar wool

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form