Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

white tipped roots stickin out.

dog mackerel
@dog-mackerel
14 years ago
8 posts
hi. how many of you get your dreads sucking up loose hair so that the little white roots stick out the sides of your locks? i have quite a few, particularly near the base of the locks. i didnt think i would get this second time round because ive done no palm rolling. i began them by twist and rip, just enough to set the root then continued with patience. i began them just under two years ago. will these critters go away? does anyone else get these? do you get a lot of them? any feedback would be great. thanks guys. peace. DM
updated by @dog-mackerel: 01/13/15 08:52:11PM
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts

Hey :)

I get them sometimes...your gonna hate this but what I mostly do is ignore them. If they are obvious and annoying me one day ill wear a hairband.

Ive heard of people getting them no matter what method theyve used.

I dont think other people notice unless they are REALLY close to yer dreads :)

Karen

Jayma-Chantel
@jayma-chantel
14 years ago
4 posts

Yeah, I have to agree with Karen.

I get a few here and there, mostly from wearing my hair up at work. I just leave em alone....

I figure it's kinda like split ends, we all get em, so no reason to really worry about it. They haven't caused me any trouble since i've left em alone. Most of em have coiled down into the locks over time, so just let em be!

Jaymes

JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts

thats just the hair that would naturally fall out every day. it's not caused by anything, humans just shed hair, only ours is stuck in our dreads so we sometimes notice the little hair root when we're two inches away from the mirror. no big deal :)

if it really bothers you maybe you could use a sharpie?! hahaha i dunno, i doubt anyone notices.

DISCREPANCY
@discrepancy
14 years ago
9 posts
or pulled off due to pressure? Dunno.n_n

Eva Lovelocks said:

thats just the hair that would naturally fall out every day. it's not caused by anything, humans just shed hair, only ours is stuck in our dreads so we sometimes notice the little hair root when we're two inches away from the mirror. no big deal :)

if it really bothers you maybe you could use a sharpie?! hahaha i dunno, i doubt anyone notices.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form