Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Trimming your dreads (not cut off)

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Ok I've always been curious on how you trim/cut your dreads. I have split ends at the tips of my baby dreads and I was thinking maybe in the future I'll trim a inch.....but what will happen if I do O.o
updated by @aaronthelegend: 01/13/15 08:48:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you'll be pummeled with rocks for daring to disrespect your dreads by cutting themin turkey a new bacteria will be discovered that dissolves flesh turning humans o=into blobs of jelly it will reach an epideminc proportion and threatten to spread around the worlda week later a republican gains office in america and decides to nuke turkey to prevent the spread of the diseasebut its too late a case erupts in london and within 12 hours 23 dieat the same time pakistani rebels take over a military base and steal 2 bombers 1 is shot down over american airspace and crashes into boston killing over 8000 people at a football gamethe other sucessfully bombs a american military base in saudi arabiameanwhile in london martial law is declared and the entire country is put under house arrest anyone setting foot outside theyre house is shot on site, 48 hours later the people rebel taking over the government in a swift and nearly bloodless coupthis triggers worldwide pannicoh wait no i think i just made that up.. what will happen if you trim your dreads? they'll be shorter..what did u think would happen?but..just in case it does trigger the end of the world i wouldnt trim them.. just in case.. why risk it right? its just a few split ends split ends were never the end of the world.. but if u trim your dreads..well u never know what might happen(sorry when i dont sleep my brain goes on a strange journey)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Thank you guys, I was just wondering like if there was a special way to cut them and etc.I loved SE's story it was awesome it made me laugh, good smile for tonight ha ha.Also another reason is I thought if you cut split ends supposedly hair grows faster....but eh whatever. My TnR and Neglect is looking nice, but the back came undone but they have a nice little spinning pattern at the roots :) 3 months on the 29.
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Ha LOL

soaringeagle said:
you'll be pummeled with rocks for daring to disrespect your dreads by cutting them
in turkey a new bacteria will be discovered that dissolves flesh turning humans o=into blobs of jelly it will reach an epideminc proportion and threatten to spread around the world
a week later a republican gains office in america and decides to nuke turkey to prevent the spread of the disease
but its too late a case erupts in london and within 12 hours 23 die
at the same time pakistani rebels take over a military base and steal 2 bombers 1 is shot down over american airspace and crashes into boston killing over 8000 people at a football game
the other sucessfully bombs a american military base in saudi arabia

meanwhile in london martial law is declared and the entire country is put under house arrest anyone setting foot outside theyre house is shot on site, 48 hours later the people rebel taking over the government in a swift and nearly bloodless coup

this triggers worldwide pannic

oh wait no i think i just made that up.. what will happen if you trim your dreads? they'll be shorter..what did u think would happen?

but..just in case it does trigger the end of the world i wouldnt trim them.. just in case.. why risk it right? its just a few split ends split ends were never the end of the world.. but if u trim your dreads..well u never know what might happen

(sorry when i dont sleep my brain goes on a strange journey)
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
How did you notice split ends? Why are they bad?
supp
@supp
14 years ago
81 posts
I want, what your having! xD

soaringeagle said:
you'll be pummeled with rocks for daring to disrespect your dreads by cutting them
in turkey a new bacteria will be discovered that dissolves flesh turning humans o=into blobs of jelly it will reach an epideminc proportion and threatten to spread around the world
a week later a republican gains office in america and decides to nuke turkey to prevent the spread of the disease
but its too late a case erupts in london and within 12 hours 23 die
at the same time pakistani rebels take over a military base and steal 2 bombers 1 is shot down over american airspace and crashes into boston killing over 8000 people at a football game
the other sucessfully bombs a american military base in saudi arabia

meanwhile in london martial law is declared and the entire country is put under house arrest anyone setting foot outside theyre house is shot on site, 48 hours later the people rebel taking over the government in a swift and nearly bloodless coup

this triggers worldwide pannic

oh wait no i think i just made that up.. what will happen if you trim your dreads? they'll be shorter..what did u think would happen?

but..just in case it does trigger the end of the world i wouldnt trim them.. just in case.. why risk it right? its just a few split ends split ends were never the end of the world.. but if u trim your dreads..well u never know what might happen

(sorry when i dont sleep my brain goes on a strange journey)
supp
@supp
14 years ago
81 posts
Nooooo it doesn't grow faster contrary to popular belief. Though for smooth hair (not locks) split ends can make hair shorter if that makes sense. As the split can climb up toward the hair shaft. However if you have locks I doubt it would be able to clib very far. Depending on how tight they are etc...

Aaron"TheLegend" said:
Thank you guys, I was just wondering like if there was a special way to cut them and etc.

I loved SE's story it was awesome it made me laugh, good smile for tonight ha ha.

Also another reason is I thought if you cut split ends supposedly hair grows faster....but eh whatever. My TnR and Neglect is looking nice, but the back came undone but they have a nice little spinning pattern at the roots :) 3 months on the 29.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
They aren't very tight, they are baby and some aren't even liked just straight hair that is clinging together. I was just wondering, since back in the day a barber told me split ends are bad. But eh doesn't matter when ya got dreads bwahahahaha!Uploading photos on the 29th
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form