Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

clockwise or counterclockwise rubbing mythes and realities

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
most sites recommend a clockwise rubbingor clockwise twistingbut this is based on flawed logic (most likely started by jonny clean)the logic is based on the hairs tendency to spiral around the crown in a clockwise pattern...on most peoplewhy on most people? genetics,counterclockwise rotation is more common in left handed people, homosexuals (not all homosexuals admit theyre sexuality even to themselves) and has also been linked to certain personality types and disordersso a percentage of peoples hair spirals in the opposite direction so even if the myth made sense it would be opposite for more then 1/4 (i believe it was 28% but i read it months ago so forget now)in addition hair spirals are only a spiral dead center on the crown at the center of the spiral, therefore anywhere else on your head its just a gentle curve so any direction your rubbing in 51-52% would be with the grain (or against) and 48-49% the opposite close enough to 1/2 to make direction not matter 1 bit (the only advantage to choosing a direction is to commit to 1 direction over another)so if direction dont matter does rubbing or twisting matter?well this is another myth but with a lil reality base toothe thought process being that the roots need help to lock up as tight to the scalp as possible for a more neat tidy lookunfortunately this kinda backfires, cause you need looseness at the roots for dreading to occur, room to move and form knots rubbing away or twisting the roots tightens them up surely but removes that gap thats needed for real actual dreading at the same time putting stress and friction damage on the roots even leading to weakness, and in extreme cases breakage.also, this causes gaps of exposed scalp around the dreads that make them look weird, fake even unhealthythe reality is the roots need no help at all to dread, and sure when young can have alot of undreaded hair there but that gets less and less over time while remaining strong and healthy if left to dread on its own.remember, if the strength of the roots is compromised the entire dread is weakened..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:47:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u hot on another thing ..dreading is as simple as letting the hair dreadbutif you make it a complicated process with 20 steps 30 techniques u need to master 15 tools you need to learn to use its easy to see why then you can sell a miracle product to make it all easy again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form