Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing, Locking

Skye Taylor
@skye-taylor
14 years ago
9 posts
Will washing your dreads less frequently help them lock faster? i dunno how to describe my dreads, i keep backcombing mine cause basically they're like a big ass matted root and then some of the actually dreads are matted then its like regular seperated hair, but ive had them since may and i dont use wax and i only use dr bronners castille soap to wash them.. just wonderin ahaha
updated by @skye-taylor: 01/13/15 08:44:12PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
You shouldn't keep backcombing. It will dread. Get yourself a wool sweater to sleep on and let em knot :)If you have parts that are completely straight and not dreaded try twist and rip. It makes a few tight knots that generally unravel a lot less than backcombing
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
you should stop backcombingthis could e very damaging doing it over and overwash whenever youu wantif it itches if it burns or if u just feel like ittry to keep it between every 2-3 days
meg ☮
@meg
14 years ago
92 posts
I only wash when I feel dirty. This is usually every week to two weeks. Just keep in mind that your hair will dread faster if your hair is clean.
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
ye like everyone else is saying stop backcombing your hair your just wasting time. just keep washing your hair and they will start to lock up on there own. the ends should eventually dread providing you stop messing with them
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form