Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cutting Vs Scissors

Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
so.. What exactly is the difference between cutting or ripping congos.. in theory you should get the exact same result.I i know hair is elactic and stretches before it rips, and also doesnt rip in a completely straight line either. Cutting would thereby elemenate the elastic snap and damage/end splitting that would come with ripping it in half. i dont know if dreading needs this or not. Is this the reason for it, or am i missing something? I'm sorry if it's a stupid question, but i do not have an answer and thought i would bring it up.(also, as i was typing this my friend pokes his head into my room and says "by the way dude, you have really awesome dreadlocks". strange and random, thought i'd note it.)
updated by @jackal: 01/13/15 08:40:09PM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Honestly, who wants scissors anywhere near there dreads? Scary thought, man. I personally believe that you should just get used to ripping em. What if you don't have a pair of scissors handy when you need em? Other than that, there really isn't a reason but it's a good reason.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
And KnottySleeves had a much better answer than me. :P
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
thank you for your answer KS, it was a very good tip i'll keep that in mind for future dreads. (ive torn a select few dreads in half before, but not with scissors). I was actually referring to just congos, where you have hair going straight across connecting 2 at the root (i have enough that it coats my finger when i slide my fingers under it). I have pretty big sections so i dont think mis-snipping is going to be a problem. Is that true for undreaded growth that hasnt become a part of either dread but instead both at once?
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I think you're missing the point. Scissors are bad for the dreads, man!
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
i am very aware of that. i wouldnt dare touch a pair to a dread. i was hoping to have a discussion about the technicalities of why vs why not. GreyGargoyle said:
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Fair enough, just making sure you don't do something stupid that you'd regret. Jackal said:
i am very aware of that. i wouldnt dare touch a pair to a dread. i was hoping to have a discussion about the technicalities of why vs why not.

GreyGargoyle said:
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
its all good. GreyGargoyle said:
Fair enough, just making sure you don't do something stupid that you'd regret.

Jackal said:
i am very aware of that. i wouldnt dare touch a pair to a dread. i was hoping to have a discussion about the technicalities of why vs why not.

GreyGargoyle said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form