Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

seperating?

Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
my locs are kind of locked and some have like two sections joining at the root of my head but the rest of the dread is locked.how do i seperate if it is locked?
updated by @shuaib-ahmed: 01/13/15 08:39:45PM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
it's ok thats normal, just pull them apart in opposite directions before they become too joined.
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
i tried to pull one apart but its pretty tight so im just gunna leave it then Iain said:
it's ok thats normal, just pull them apart in opposite directions before they become too joined.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u should seperate b4 they get too joined to seperatebut it might not be too last try it with wet hairif that isnt enough wipe or spray olive oil on the joining hairs then try to seperateand finaly try wiggling a finger under a few connecting hairs at a time and pull up breaking a few at a time till its loosened up enough that pulling in opposite directions rips the rest free

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
I had the crochet method done so i guess i wont be able to do it as easily soaringeagle said:
u should seperate b4 they get too joined to seperate
but it might not be too last try it with wet hair
if that isnt enough wipe or spray olive oil on the joining hairs then try to seperate
and finaly try wiggling a finger under a few connecting hairs at a time and pull up breaking a few at a time till its loosened up enough that pulling in opposite directions rips the rest free
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea u can i hope u threw away the hook thoughbut hairs connecting dreads are unaffected by the method. or do u mean cause the dreads themselves might be weakened so your scared to pull hard enough to rip the connected hairs?how much hairs really joining it togetherhow thich are the 2 dreads joiningif the combined dreads real thick u might wanna be sure to seperate if not then fine leave it to congo, but realize if u dont seperate often enough accidental congos will happen

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
While I know a number of people won't recommend this, this is what works for me. When I have dreads that are separating themselves at the root, I wait until I have a few inches of solid dreading on each new section, and then snip one section free from the other. I have a little dread now that I call the 'dread nub' that was one half the result of such a snipping. It's holding together really really well too.
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
Ye i'm scared to pull to em out and then they might break off from the roots. they are joined like 2 inches from the roots but not really locked at the roots... soaringeagle said:
yea u can i hope u threw away the hook though
but hairs connecting dreads are unaffected by the method. or do u mean cause the dreads themselves might be weakened so your scared to pull hard enough to rip the connected hairs?

how much hairs really joining it together

how thich are the 2 dreads joining
if the combined dreads real thick u might wanna be sure to seperate if not then fine leave it to congo, but realize if u dont seperate often enough accidental congos will happen
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form