Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shampooing frequency?

CrazyDaizy99
@crazydaizy99
14 years ago
81 posts
I'm still in the baby stages, but I am not fearful of anything unraveling since my hair is somewhat coarse and wants to stay stuck together. I'm just curious how often is okay to shampoo without impeding the process? I do not use anything special or make any special rinses, etc. I use my normal mint shampoo and just don't condition or comb. I use a towel to absorb the main moisture and then I usually sit in the sun and read while it finishes drying.Right now I have been washing it every other day, is that okay or too often?
updated by @crazydaizy99: 01/13/15 08:37:27PM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I started out by washing it every other day like you and then I switched to SE's famous baking soda wash/ACV rinse and found that my hair is cleaner, lighter and it just feels great and that lasts for days. I find it much better to only wash once a week. It might be different for you but it's healthier for your hair if you only wash when it really needs it, when it gets dirty.I don't know what type of shampoo that you use but you should probably just switch to the baking soda wash/ACV rinse. It works amazingly well and your hair will feel clean for at least 3-5 days if not more. I go about six days without a wash now. =)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i wash twice a week and agree your probly washing so often because of what u wash withbut..u can wash whenever u feel the need

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form