Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

felted and crochetted dreads way too tight and hard

Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knows why some of my locs are harder than others?my patience is fading..... keep thinking i should cut my locs off :(
updated by @shuaib-ahmed: 02/04/18 01:45:53AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
did u use wax or crochet?could be from sleeping on em buthardness is usualy a result of wax or crochet or ..extreme dryness even moldlets rule out the wax and crochet factors 1st since thats most common

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
ye it was crochet, if its hard is that a bad thing? soaringeagle said:
did u use wax or crochet?

could be from sleeping on em but
hardness is usualy a result of wax or crochet or ..extreme dryness even mold

lets rule out the wax and crochet factors 1st since thats most common
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
I realised why they are getting hard...... im constantly palm rolling them, but after I stop 15 minutes later they're soft again. i've taken some pictures, sorry about the quality Lisa McRae said:
I have really really stiff dreads from crochet so I know what you're talking about. How many times did you do it? if you bend it does it stay and act like a pipe cleaner? If you hold it sideways does it stay sideways? pics would be helpful. From experience though, I have to shave mine off. I tried super conditioning and leaving overnight and it didn't even loosen a little. I would try doing that first though before making any decisions, yours may not be as bad as mine.
If you do manage to loosen them, just stop crocheting altogether, the more you do it the more you need to do it. All the maintenance you need is washing and separating, do nothing else and this won't happen again :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and dont palm roll eitherjust leave em alonei edited the title and moved itif your sure its palm rolling not crochet edit it again but i bet both are to blamemine are super soft spongy and comfy cause they werre always left alone

--
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
well it does get hard after i have palm rolled them so i guess i'll stop. I was only doing it because the girl that did my hair said palm roll them for 2 weeks and they should start to settle down and tighten up.I do have to say your dreads are SWEET!!!! they look awesome, showed my brother and he was like woah :D soaringeagle said:
and dont palm roll either
just leave em alone
i edited the title and moved it
if your sure its palm rolling not crochet edit it again but i bet both are to blame

mine are super soft spongy and comfy cause they werre always left alone
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the girl who did them crocheted too proves how lil she knows about dreadingno wax though i hope? no products at all?mine are all natural never did a thing to em except put in beads and absentmindlessly play with em lilthe last thing u need to dread is a girl to put them in..they just happen if u let em Shuaib ahmed said:
well it does get hard after i have palm rolled them so i guess i'll stop. I was only doing it because the girl that did my hair said palm roll them for 2 weeks and they should start to settle down and tighten up.

I do have to say your dreads are SWEET!!!! they look awesome, showed my brother and he was like woah :D

soaringeagle said:
just leave em alone
if your sure its palm rolling not crochet edit it again but i bet both are to blame

--
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
na no products just a crochet hook and a needle. thought she may no what she is on about, she said her uncle had dreads for like 18 years and she learned how to do them. but after being on here I have realised you just let them happen on there own :D soaringeagle said:
the girl who did them crocheted too proves how lil she knows about dreading
no wax though i hope? no products at all?

mine are all natural never did a thing to em except put in beads and absentmindlessly play with em lil

the last thing u need to dread is a girl to put them in..they just happen if u let em

Shuaib ahmed said:
well it does get hard after i have palm rolled them so i guess i'll stop. I was only doing it because the girl that did my hair said palm roll them for 2 weeks and they should start to settle down and tighten up.

I do have to say your dreads are SWEET!!!! they look awesome, showed my brother and he was like woah :D

soaringeagle said:
just leave em alone

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh no a needle? a felting needle? oh god i hope not never let anyone use tools on your dreads if it was a felting needle its total destruction.. Shuaib ahmed said:
na no products just a crochet hook and a needle. thought she may no what she is on about, she said her uncle had dreads for like 18 years and she learned how to do them. but after being on here I have realised you just let them happen on there own :D

soaringeagle said:
the girl who did them crocheted too proves how lil she knows about dreading
no wax though i hope? no products at all?

mine are all natural never did a thing to em except put in beads and absentmindlessly play with em lil

the last thing u need to dread is a girl to put them in..they just happen if u let em

Shuaib ahmed said:

soaringeagle said:
just leave em alone

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/09/15 10:48:18PM
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
oh shit..... ye a felting needle, im guessing thats bad lol
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags