Dreadlocks Forums

loose hair

sue
@sue
14 years ago
18 posts
hahahahaha "loose haired freaks" soaringeagle said:
head band or shity sleeve band everything will be tucked up under tight

or yiu can voluntarily wear a hairnet..and at same time start complaining about all the "loose haired freaks shedding all over"

updated by @sue: 07/23/15 03:41:22PM
Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
oh and the worst part of the whole thing i get this from my regional manager. who is a woman. and while on the line doesn't have to wear a hat or visor. neither do any of the managers 2 of which are female. i will not wear a hair net. i might be changing jobs soon. so it won't be a problem. still cooking. just be in the back of the house rather than the front.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
at the end of the shift b4 they clean walk around with a magnifying glass colleting every hair u can find give em to your boss and have him do a hair comparison to everyone who works there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Why not, anything job related is a legal issue. I've made managers give me a formal apology for claims that they couldn't back up with documented evidence. soaringeagle said:
at the end of the shift b4 they clean walk around with a magnifying glass colleting every hair u can find give em to your boss and have him do a hair comparison to everyone who works there
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Although I've also played the game of 'last man standing' where a new manager comes in and ends up firing everyone and I'm the last one from the original crew.
Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
funny thing is i've thought the same thing. what if i acted flamboyantly gay the entire time. they would have a fit. and i would probably get fired. our target range for cutomers is people who make 80 thousand a year and over. which i find completely rediculous. i've worked in many other restaurants, always cooking or washing dishes. and never had a huge problem with my appearance. i used to frame pictures at a local craft store. i was a SALESMAN. now how many people you think would take advice on making their art look better from a crazy haired bearded guy, who was stoned the whole time. fact of the matter is i was the top salesman. my mission is now to show people (general public, and employers) that the way you appear is not always the way you act. fuck the first impression rule. Sister Rags said:
Well, I've worked in food service for 6 years and even tho' the place I work is probably, seriously, the least rule-bound business possible, there is definitely sexism in food service. We women can wear tanks tops, for example, but the guys get bitched at (not that they listen, but still). The guys have to be at least somewhat "neat" with their hair and IF they have a beard, it has to be trim. The women...we tend to pin our hair back, put it in pigtails, wear a headwrap, something - still, we have more leeway.

I am really, truly sorry for the situation you're in, Eric. It SUCKS, and the whole thing is so stupid. If I were you, I would be sooooooo tempted to go to work with my dreads in cute pigtails, adorned with nice bows - then see what they say to you >:-(
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I don't see what's so bad about wearing a hairnet.... I have to completely cover my head with scarf wraps or hats for one job.. But yeah, I don't understand why the girls don't have to wear them all the time already :/So basically I am for all of you wearing hairnets or not, i don't see what having a dick has to do with this one...
Raychelicious
@raychelicious
14 years ago
14 posts
I don't think the first impression rule should go out the window, however it's the automatic disdain for someone who is "different" the way you act, speak, carry yourself should dictate what people think about you, not your appearance.I hope you find some sort of solution to this, stress is probably wreaking havoc on you. *hugs* Eric Is Asche said:
funny thing is i've thought the same thing. what if i acted flamboyantly gay the entire time. they would have a fit. and i would probably get fired. our target range for cutomers is people who make 80 thousand a year and over. which i find completely rediculous. i've worked in many other restaurants, always cooking or washing dishes. and never had a huge problem with my appearance. i used to frame pictures at a local craft store. i was a SALESMAN. now how many people you think would take advice on making their art look better from a crazy haired bearded guy, who was stoned the whole time. fact of the matter is i was the top salesman. my mission is now to show people (general public, and employers) that the way you appear is not always the way you act. fuck the first impression rule.
Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
i work in food service and have for like the past 7 years. all i deal with is stress Raychel Dom said:
I don't think the first impression rule should go out the window, however it's the automatic disdain for someone who is "different" the way you act, speak, carry yourself should dictate what people think about you, not your appearance.
I hope you find some sort of solution to this, stress is probably wreaking havoc on you. *hugs*
Eric Is Asche said:
funny thing is i've thought the same thing. what if i acted flamboyantly gay the entire time. they would have a fit. and i would probably get fired. our target range for cutomers is people who make 80 thousand a year and over. which i find completely rediculous. i've worked in many other restaurants, always cooking or washing dishes. and never had a huge problem with my appearance. i used to frame pictures at a local craft store. i was a SALESMAN. now how many people you think would take advice on making their art look better from a crazy haired bearded guy, who was stoned the whole time. fact of the matter is i was the top salesman. my mission is now to show people (general public, and employers) that the way you appear is not always the way you act. fuck the first impression rule.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form