Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Maintaining at home

Loop unrolling
@loop-unrolling
10 years ago
5 posts
HiI went to a loctician and they crocheted/backombed my hair and added some extensions. They told me to come back in every 6 month for maintenance. Since ididnt't like the idea to go for a routine maintenance i wanted to ask you what can i do myslf at home instead of going to a locticianI am pam rolling and clockwise rubbing thats all. I have very thin roots.
updated by @loop-unrolling: 01/13/15 10:05:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

stop everything your doing palm rolling and clockwise rubbing are both bad for the dreads especially the rubbing

but the crochet was the worse mistake well no the loctician was the worse mistaker

u need to recover from a bad start

wash with a dread shampoo every few days

do nothing at all except seperate if they try to grow together

it will take 6 months to even start to dread because of the crochet mistake never ever hgo back

it will take up to 3 years to lose the crocheted look and stiffness
the circular rubbing will pull most of the hair right out of the scaklp

post pics so we can see what was done and advice from there especialy of the roots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Loop unrolling
@loop-unrolling
10 years ago
5 posts
Now im afraid. am washing with residue free olive oil soap and using some aloe gel after. So what do you think? Which method i should use for new growing roots or should i use any method

soaring eagle said:

stop everything your doing palm rolling and clockwise rubbing are both bad for the dreads especially the rubbing

but the crochet was the worse mistake well no the loctician was the worse mistaker

u need to recover from a bad start

wash with a dread shampoo every few days

do nothing at all except seperate if they try to grow together

it will take 6 months to even start to dread because of the crochet mistake never ever hgo back

it will take up to 3 years to lose the crocheted look and stiffness
the circular rubbing will pull most of the hair right out of the scaklp

post pics so we can see what was done and advice from there especialy of the roots

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

leave em be but the aloes conditioning and the shampoo might be too the roots will get loosder for many months then tighten up let them do the work themselves

was any wax used

hope not

--
Loop unrolling
@loop-unrolling
10 years ago
5 posts
No wax never. I've attached a photo
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

definately typical crochet look and damage but otherwise look ok though it would help to see the thin roots you nean too

--
Loop unrolling
@loop-unrolling
10 years ago
5 posts
Here is the photo of roots

soaring eagle said:

definately typical crochet look and damage but otherwise look ok though it would help to see the thin roots you nean too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

yea u gotta stop the circular rubbing they will be ok if u just stop everything u been doing and give it a few months

--
Jessica Reyes
@jessica-reyes
10 years ago
24 posts
Read the dreaducation page. It will tell you everything you need to know. Whatever method you choose, you should know the jigh risks and also the benefits of going natural. You've already started with a method that poses many risks and alot of damage. So read read read is my advice to you
Loop unrolling
@loop-unrolling
10 years ago
5 posts
Thank you both
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form