Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how necessary is Palm rolling clockwise root rubbing?

Stephanie Saunders
@stephanie-saunders
14 years ago
19 posts
Ah hahaha white specs! I know about those. Yeah the hair that falls out goes into the dread and the white is the follicle u only see it in darker hair and if you are playing with your hai all the time = more white specs lol labmofgod said:
i personally have no experience with palm rolling but when i look at my friends dreads all i see a bunch of roots stuck in his hair but then again he palm rolles and twists and plays with his dreads when ever hes not doing anything so when my hair does dread and knot up im gonna try and leave it completely alone cause i dont want to have a whole bunch of white specks in my hair.

updated by @stephanie-saunders: 07/23/15 05:10:13AM
Stephanie Saunders
@stephanie-saunders
14 years ago
19 posts
I'm just keeping em separated and clean and enjoying the freeedom of it all. Also my fave dreads are the rediculously kinky bumpy loopy ones lots of character :) Love you all
Melanie2
@melanie2
14 years ago
99 posts
I would just leave them to their own devices. I got suckered into all that boring maintenance routine by Dreadhead HQ...only to find out later that none of it was really neccesary.I'm still glad that mine were started by sectioning and backcombing though, because they are all a similar size.
Stephanie Saunders
@stephanie-saunders
14 years ago
19 posts
yeah Im with you on the sectioning and backcombing. Beaver tails are kinda funky (not in the good way haha)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ive never palm rolled or root rubbed or done anything like thatand its pointless, palm rolling needs to be excessive and dammaging to do anything at all, and root rubbings just dumb..roots dread on teyre own wy rub em?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Stephanie Saunders
@stephanie-saunders
14 years ago
19 posts
sweet. THen I dont do anything. And who said dreads can be high maintenance?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they can be high or low maintenance ive done zero maintenance for 2 years (got alot odf congos)but tink about ppl who crochet..tey are oobsessed with fixing every loose hair, but fixing 1 hair breaks 20 which find theyre way out and need to be fixed wich breaks more and 7 years into dreading they still spend 15 hours a week crocheting Stephanie Saunders said:
sweet. THen I dont do anything. And who said dreads can be high maintenance?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form