Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Am I doing this right?

Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

My friend gave me his broken headphones because I like to make little bracelets with the wire inside lol. I was just making one when I realized I could use the wire as a wrap. So, I took this little section that always annoyingly hangs in my face and tried as best as I could to wrap the wire around it. I don't know how people do wraps lol, but I just tried to make it look like pictures I've seen.

Did I do this right? Is there even a wrong way lol? Is there some weird thing I don't know about wire that makes this bad?

Just being careful :p

updated by @rose: 02/14/15 06:15:29AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wraps are usualy embroidery thread or hemp so r=they can move

it looks like u did the x wrap thingy..then theres actual wraps and then the fancy macreme like knotted wraps

wire can have rough ends that snag hairs and can be a pain in the ass (besides being stiff)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

I did another one that is like string or yarn or something. It's a lot prettier :)

I see the rough ends on the wire one though.

Yeah I did the X wrap thing and wasn't even sure you'd call it a wrap. It was driving me crazy trying to remember if there was a different thing you called it.

So, my hair can knot when it's held by a wrap like this? It seems like it wouldn't exactly help.

updated by @rose: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

give it a few weeks and see

--
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

Hehe okay :p

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
So wait, even though my dreads aren't formed I can start doing wraps on some of the sections?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

-ofcourese..but

the dread wil form with a dskinny tail and thicker roots

--
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

my have-been-wrapped sections are the furthest along of my baby dreadies. i just would use open wraps or just wrap a small section so most of the hair could still move about well, & I only leave the wraps on a few days (maybe a week). Beads are normally easier to use, but wraps can be super pretty & colorful & fun texture to add (& helpful when beads won't stay in yet!).

Jackie
@jackie
12 years ago
78 posts
This looks way easier to get out then embroidery floss! I made the mistake of knotting each round and had to literally cut out hundreds of little piece of thread. I like the upcycling idea! It doesn't look like it's gonna hold, but nifty temporary lil thing you got there. :)
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

I would be too scared to get near my hair with scissors haha, I'm really clumsy.

Yeah I noticed they were starting to slip today, so I just slid it down and it came off.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form