Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP!!! How to repair from DreadHeadHQ?!

Nicki Herrick
@nicki-herrick
12 years ago
27 posts

So, I have recently turned to the neglect method from crocheting. I now recognize the damage I was doing. my dreads never fattened up and I can see the sectioning in the back from where I had the rubber bands in the first 2 months. I have combined quite a few dreads with hair wraps seeing as I had about 130 dreads. But, what can I do to soften my dreads? The roots are now loose and comfortable and I think they're coming along splendidly. They're even combining on their own now. But can I soften my actual dreadlocks without causing more damage to them? I really don't like seeing the sections in the back. Its ok if its just going to have to look like that until they grow out, its a part of the journey, but it would be awesome if they didn't. I will try and attach some pics so you can see them, but last time i attempted that, it didn't work. so fingers crossed.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds, :)

Namaste

updated by @nicki-herrick: 01/13/15 09:39:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

id take off those wraps some thinner dreads in between would fill the gaps but id also use aloe or jojovba to soften them up so they can fatten up but its still gonna take a long time to recover unfortunately

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicki Herrick
@nicki-herrick
12 years ago
27 posts
Thanks :) I bought some jojoba oil the other day but I had a random thought while using it...So since I've been crocheting for so long, could softening them cause them to break off in certain spots? I know that that is a risk I am running as it is anyways, but I am wondering if by softening them I will only make the weak points in the dreads more weak?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm i guess its possible but id think it would help restore a lil elasticity

i think you'll be ok though

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicki Herrick
@nicki-herrick
12 years ago
27 posts

thanks soaring eagle! I'm so happy to have this site!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form