Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

taking the loooong road.

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

yes that was my lifestyle for about ten years ....now i have a son so im stable ....do it enjoy life ..experience new things !!!

updated by @danielle-hache: 07/13/15 02:51:41PM
Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

hahaha nice ..that sounds like a great idea

Castaway J said:

i know, once i get to florida ill fashion a canoe and set sail for jamaica

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

i love how this post gets brought back up from time to time. thank you all for the replies your experiences are beautiful and inspiring to me. i would love to have another person walk the earth with me, and i just always thought that id always run into people to talk to, people doing the same thing. saving right now to do this is exciting. first stop is rainbow gathering 2013, then i might get on a plane to anywhere or who know where the winds take me. i cnat tell you all enough how much i appreciate every kind word.

Helena de Reybekill
@helena-de-reybekill
11 years ago
7 posts

I get what you're saying Lindsey. Those are some of the reasons why I wouldn't do it. Though, I'm not working at the moment, but I am studying and I enjoy it... so maybe this would be a goal for the future.
Here's to dreams and one day actually achieving them :)

Lindsey said:

Ive thought about it a lot. I work for fedex so ive though about just bidding on a job on the other side of the country.. fedex is only part time so i only worf 4 hours aday. which i like because i dont feel like i work my life away, yet i have just enough money for what i need ya know?

But ive lived in this town my whole life, so if me and my boyfriend ever break up thats my plan. Other than him and his frends and my family i really dont have freinds.. so why not move and experience something new. I dont have to stay there forever..

raoming would be neat, i couldnt do it tho. id be to scared id get mugged and all that bad stuff. but just going where you please not having to be anywhere do anything.. just being, just living. thatd be the life.. especially on a beach!

Helena de Reybekill
@helena-de-reybekill
11 years ago
7 posts

I'd love to go to a rainbow gathering or something similar. That would be so lovely. But they all seem to be in the USA and I'm just from England :/

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

I heard that, CHEERS sister!

Helena de Reybekill said:

I get what you're saying Lindsey. Those are some of the reasons why I wouldn't do it. Though, I'm not working at the moment, but I am studying and I enjoy it... so maybe this would be a goal for the future.
Here's to dreams and one day actually achieving them :)

Lindsey said:

Ive thought about it a lot. I work for fedex so ive though about just bidding on a job on the other side of the country.. fedex is only part time so i only worf 4 hours aday. which i like because i dont feel like i work my life away, yet i have just enough money for what i need ya know?

But ive lived in this town my whole life, so if me and my boyfriend ever break up thats my plan. Other than him and his frends and my family i really dont have freinds.. so why not move and experience something new. I dont have to stay there forever..

raoming would be neat, i couldnt do it tho. id be to scared id get mugged and all that bad stuff. but just going where you please not having to be anywhere do anything.. just being, just living. thatd be the life.. especially on a beach!

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

as i understand it there are gatherings world wide at many times each year just depends on your locations i guess. the one in july is the national gethering.

Helena de Reybekill said:

I'd love to go to a rainbow gathering or something similar. That would be so lovely. But they all seem to be in the USA and I'm just from England :/

Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts

I have wanted to do this many times as well. and was about to before i found out i was preg about two years and nine months ago...now i have to stay in illinois because its court ordered, not to move my residence.... bummer. its a shame his fatherhasnt been there for usin times really needed, his anger and abuseshould have been a sign to just leave state....(shouldda left before court stuff started lol) and now he shows up to have his visitation and pay money owed (honestly he could keep the money if i could just takemy sonand leave tottally would agree to that) and it sucks that im stuck here becasue of a man. iplan to teach Cassady about concoiusness and not too much about money, but definatly about greed andabout hope and things that television doesnt teach us...camp alotand i hope tht when hes 18 maybe together was can take an awesome trip to the gathering or wherever our hearts desire. most of all i hope that my son will be able to see through falsities that can easily be distracting, and see through peoples true intentions based on their actions and not their promises...

I wish you all the luck, and i think you should definatly go for it! youve got only things to gain from journeys like that!

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

not quite yet.

Morgan Usilton said:

did u go?

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

indeed you are right about that, so far i have only gone on a month long hike last year which was amazing in itself. i can totally understand where you coming from when you say you feel stuck, its not the best. id rather be stuck on my own terms lol. but hey thats life right? i hope that new doors open to each of us.

Crystalyn said:

I have wanted to do this many times as well. and was about to before i found out i was preg about two years and nine months ago...now i have to stay in illinois because its court ordered, not to move my residence.... bummer. its a shame his fatherhasnt been there for usin times really needed, his anger and abuseshould have been a sign to just leave state....(shouldda left before court stuff started lol) and now he shows up to have his visitation and pay money owed (honestly he could keep the money if i could just takemy sonand leave tottally would agree to that) and it sucks that im stuck here becasue of a man. iplan to teach Cassady about concoiusness and not too much about money, but definatly about greed andabout hope and things that television doesnt teach us...camp alotand i hope tht when hes 18 maybe together was can take an awesome trip to the gathering or wherever our hearts desire. most of all i hope that my son will be able to see through falsities that can easily be distracting, and see through peoples true intentions based on their actions and not their promises...

I wish you all the luck, and i think you should definatly go for it! youve got only things to gain from journeys like that!

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form