Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

living off grid, comfortably, full time.

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

Well depending where you would want to live the price of the property will vary. I am in school right now to become a nurse and when I am done, I would like to be a traveling Nurse. So, if you are at all interested, I would love to join your commune if you do ever create it and provide health care if necessary.. Also, I think this is a lovely idea and I really wold like to be a part of it :))))

updated by @karrington-3: 07/23/15 06:20:41PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

haha thanks, im always trying to be just that. theres a lot of them i guess. im still formulating. but i guess ill end up just buying my own plot

hippiegal said:

I picked up on your word 'honest.' Just want to suggest you stay honest both with yourself and others in this venture. Trust your inner voice always. If you meet sincere honest people, practical details will work themselves out. If it was me, I'd find a rural community or small town where there are like-minded people, and buy land near there. That way you have friends and neighbours nearby but still have your own space. Baba Fats makes a good point. Off-the-grid life can be challenging enough without emotional and ego dramas going on as well. (this is me now, being honest - lol!) Good luck with your plans!

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

yeah thats what ive been saying! i know of one place to look though, and im trying to find more, if anyone has any others. and that would be awesome if it turned out to be a comune and helped us out like that lol right on

Karrington <3 said:

Well depending where you would want to live the price of the property will vary. I am in school right now to become a nurse and when I am done, I would like to be a traveling Nurse. So, if you are at all interested, I would love to join your commune if you do ever create it and provide health care if necessary.. Also, I think this is a lovely idea and I really wold like to be a part of it :))))

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

Thats like one of my goals in life.. I have always wanted to be a part of something like that but I had no idea where to look. Seriously, do not forget about me when you begin this adventure. I really sincerely want to be a part of it if you do decide to go through with it.. It would make my life :))

Change~ said:

yeah thats what ive been saying! i know of one place to look though, and im trying to find more, if anyone has any others. and that would be awesome if it turned out to be a comune and helped us out like that lol right on

Karrington <3 said:

Kare T
@kare-t
13 years ago
83 posts

montana has no building codes!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

First off, How have you not seen Easy Rider? Go see it, now. I hate movies. I don't even own a TV. But everyone needs to see this movie.

Second, it sounds like you really want this to go ahead. I wish you this best of luck. It'll be hard, but worth it if you can make it work how it should. If you can do it and have everyone be happy, let me know. Maybe I'll come out and visit one day to say hi. My job will have me traveling all over I hope

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

right on! yeah it just seems like the thing to do right?

if anything though, all it will be is a cabin i built on some land i bought, and people are more than welcome to come through and stay a while, keep me company you know? lol if it goes anywhere from there who knows!

Karrington <3 said:

Thats like one of my goals in life.. I have always wanted to be a part of something like that but I had no idea where to look. Seriously, do not forget about me when you begin this adventure. I really sincerely want to be a part of it if you do decide to go through with it.. It would make my life :))

Change~ said:

Karrington <3 said:

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

i know, but its way to far above the frost line. i dont like the cold, but im still considering colorado.

Kare T said:

montana has no building codes!

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

lol alright, i will make an effort to get my hands on it one way or another :)

Baba Fats said:

First off, How have you not seen Easy Rider? Go see it, now. I hate movies. I don't even own a TV. But everyone needs to see this movie.

Second, it sounds like you really want this to go ahead. I wish you this best of luck. It'll be hard, but worth it if you can make it work how it should. If you can do it and have everyone be happy, let me know. Maybe I'll come out and visit one day to say hi. My job will have me traveling all over I hope

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

i still need to know if someone has and resources where i can find good land for cheap :X

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form