Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Conditioning my dreadlocks

OctopusPot
@octopuspot
11 years ago
2 posts

Hello! I'm new here so I'm not all acquainted to the rules but I have been watching this site for a while so I decided to join and ask for some help :) I'm 18 I've had my current dread locks for 10 years now and they're mid back (i snip the ends from time to time). I'm also African american. Okay so my dread locks are very dry and coarse so i was wondering would it be okay for me to use conditioner on them to make them softer? Also, could i remove some dreadlocks with some regular conditioner? I want to remove the some dreads that have grown in my face and past my chin so I can have bangs that I could style without having to cut off all my dreads since my whole family has dreads and I want to keep my heritage. and by styling them I mean like this http://media-cache-ec2.pinimg.com/192x/c0/5b/26/c05b263d9ceba46238d043ccfb614297.jpg

Thank you for your help!

updated by @octopuspot: 01/13/15 09:53:56PM
Rafael Rodriguez
@rafael-rodriguez
11 years ago
41 posts

Yes you can certainly do that. Also I don't know if you already do this but spray your hair with water daily, even twice per day is okay.

A lot of conditioning would be used to get thefrontdreads to be combed out but it is notimpossible. It would be nice to see your dreads by the way.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

use jojoba oil on the dreads to condition and soften..not regular conditioner

unless you have straighter hair your not going to gert hangs like that you had dreads pretty much since yiu were born so im not sure you would know what yiur hair will behave like out if dreads

what are u washing with though and are you doing any maintaining or just leave em be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
OctopusPot
@octopuspot
11 years ago
2 posts

Thanks for the advice! :) I'll try some jojoba oil, but the reason why I'm using regular conditioner now is because that's all I can afford at the moment xD. And don't worry I figured out ways to make my hair bone straight, I've done it before when I cut my hair at age 7. And I just use regular shampoo, wash my hair once or twice a week since I get dry scalp if I wash too often. And I usually leave them be, but lately I've been putting coconut oil mixed with a hint of lemon juice which works for moisture/an antibacterial while also adding a nice smell.

soaring eagle said:

unless you have straighter hair your not going to gert hangs like that you had dreads pretty much since yiu were born so im not sure you would know what yiur hair will behave like out if dreads

what are u washing with though and are you doing any maintaining or just leave em be

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

regular shampoos and conditioners leave residues residies are a breadig ground for mold and mildew

use these www.dreadlockshampoo.com

and

buy an aloe plant..once a nice big 1

thre u got conditioner for life u grow yoir own conditioner and never have to buy 1 again

OctopusPot said:

Thanks for the advice! :) I'll try some jojoba oil, but the reason why I'm using regular conditioner now is because that's all I can afford at the moment xD. And don't worry I figured out ways to make my hair bone straight, I've done it before when I cut my hair at age 7. And I just use regular shampoo, wash my hair once or twice a week since I get dry scalp if I wash too often. And I usually leave them be, but lately I've been putting coconut oil mixed with a hint of lemon juice which works for moisture/an antibacterial while also adding a nice smell.

soaring eagle said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form