Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
christine2
@christine2
11 years ago
4 posts

Hi everyone,

Okay so about two weeks ago I started to dread the bottom of my hair using the TnR method, and I'm kinda not used to that method so I was wondering if it was normal for it to be coming undone.. It's about two inches down from the root that came loose or pretty much straightened itself and then of course the bottom part, which I was expecting. If its not normal should I just take them out and try again? I've had dreads before but it was a much different method but those had never come loose.

Thank you!

updated by @christine2: 01/13/15 09:53:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what method was used b4 any method thats a method that sjhould be used on dereads will be loose at the tips and roots for many months
its perfectly find and healthy and the way it should be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
christine2
@christine2
11 years ago
4 posts

Before I had my friend who was a hairdresser do it and it was definitely not natural. they did the wax and everything so they immediately looked like dreads but after a year i took em out because it wasn't the way i wanted them to start off with so now im trying to do it the tnr method. So given time they should start developing into dreads? I just feel like they're gonna completely unravel when I shower and stuff

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u could have stopped at "my friend who was a hairdresser" that was enough to tell me it was all wrong

if u wanted to do them more natural why did u tnr not go natural/

if they unravel they dread naturaly anyway so let em be

they will have dreaded even if u never tnred

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
christine2
@christine2
11 years ago
4 posts

lol ya I know now going to them was a mistake but I did the tnr because i am only dreading the underneath part of my hair right now

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

I can only speak from my personal experience, but I had my hair T&R in February (first time dreadie), when they were done there were around 24 "dreads" - within a couple weeks all but 4 come completely undone. Considering how long the process took to T&R , compared to what was left, It was kinda depressing. Hopefully yours will stick around for you. I recommend the sea salt spray from dreadlocksshampoo.com, it really does help your hair find and hold it's sections. I imagine it will be really helpful to newborn dreads.

Good luck! Don't give up no matter what.

christine2
@christine2
11 years ago
4 posts

Thank you and I won't I'm determined to keep them. Did you ever put yours back in?

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

My first thought was to have them Re-T&R', but then I found this site and after asking a few questions, and reading a few other discussions, I decided that I wouldn't re-do the process. I've decided to just let my hair take the 'natural' dread road.

When I first started (with the T&R) I was like, obsessed with the whole thing, but after a few months of being humbled by the the ups and downs of it, I'm just not caring any more, I don't talk about it with my friends or anything, I'm just sorta letting my hair do whatever it wants to do. All I do now is wash it with the residue free shampoo, do the sea salt spray and check for sections after each washing. The rest is in mother natures hands. I'm just short of 4 months into my journey, and already it has re-defined the word "patience" in my dictionary. In a good way, that is.

Sorry for rambling.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form