Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my first time using the dewaxwer

Kelly4
@kelly4
11 years ago
6 posts

I had used the dewaxer in the shower tonight. After I started putting it in my hair I immediately started seeing dark colored stuff running from my hair (some of the dread wax in my hair at one point a couple years ago was black! so it was still in there!). I also noticed little white wax chunks coming out of the hair from the center of each dread! I didn't even realize they were still there in the center cuz I couldn't see or feel them! So I was pleased to see it working! I can still feel some sticky wax coating my hair but I'm sure it will take a few treatments to get it all out. I want to get it out slowly anyways as to do it too fast I'm afraid the dreads would fall apart. So far I am already happy with the product. I will try to post some pics later as the treatment plan progresses.

Read more: Help - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profiles/message/show?id=737828173&folder=Sent&page=1#ixzz2UekcZRAD
the best place for real dreadlocks
Under Creative Commons License: Attributio

updated by @kelly4: 01/13/15 09:52:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

use it get it out quick dont worry bout them falling apart

wait u said u had wax in for years..and your worried they will fall apart?

so u think the wax is the only thing holding them together ? no knots?

isnt that all the more reason to get it out so after years of them just being glued together they can actually start to dread right

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kelly4
@kelly4
11 years ago
6 posts

well i cant see inside the dreads so i dont know what the core really looks like. i would hope they are held together decently well and wouldnt fall apart even if i got all the wax out at one time but i dont know for sure how well they are knotted if i removed all the wax since i cant see inside them...but if you think i should keep at it untill all the wax is gone then thats what i will do. but yes youre probably right now that you put it like that.

and yes i have had dreads for years now. i had first started my dreads 3 and a half or so years ago. i didnt know anything about them so my sister and i looked them up on google. all the pages at that time that came up said i needed dread wax and should tighten my dreads by interlocking them/zulu knots and use palm rolling to keep them rounded. they mentioned nothing about the dangers of using those products or techniques and promised best results. but what i really got was a head full of wax residue and mold. wax residue was always all ovber my hair so everything i put my head on left a residue. if i got my hair wet even for a moment it immediately smelled like mildew. i tried apple cider vinegar to get the smell out but then my dreads smelled like apple cider vinegar for about a year after that especially when it was wet. so im really happy to have this product and try to get this wax out.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

damn it damn it damn it i just typed a looong history on the so called zulu knots and lost it all

ok short version

years ago they were called root flipping till everyone knew not to do it cause it made dreads break

so salons changed it to interlocking

sisterlocks started teaching it as a patented system

along comes nappylocks a student of sisterlocks who wants to teach it too and they have a lawsuite

nappylocks wins by claiming the patents invalid since a african tribe usedx interlocking for thousands of years

however it was based on flawed research the tribe in question came from a region of interlocking rivers (nothing to do with hair)

so now interlocking is well known to break dreads and make u go bald so salons changed the name again

this time they cant pick 1 name theres

rooting

looping

knotting

and now..zulu knotting

last week i had an argument with an idiod on youtiube that claimed only black ppl are alowed to have dreads ..and only salon maintained dreads

real dreads she claimed shouldnt exist

she again claimed some tribe (unknown innamed tribe) maintained dreads for thousands of years with interlocking twisting and..get this even syntheticc dread wigs (egyptions had dread wigs..but not synthetic)

now zulu knotting refers to the zulu rtribe

the zulu tribe was the inspiratiin for rastas to start wearing dreadlocks

the zulu tribe was at war with england (england invaded thier teritory) jaimacia was under british rule and the rastas saw the zulus figting the british empire with spears and sheilds as an inspiration and while fighting they had very lil fdood or time to care for thier hair which dreaded as a result of neglect when survival and defending thier land was more important then maintaining thier hair

so calling interlocking zulu knotting is a direct insult to the warriors who inspired rastafarians to dread

and its just 1 more attempt to sell a new harmful method as an ancient traditional one

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form